The following scam has been reported:

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
From: joelincole@yahoo.co.uk [mailto:joelincole@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:31 AM
To:
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad

Hi Karin,

On 30-Nov-2005 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => joelineskie

Name => Joeline

FromEmail => joelincole@yahoo.co.uk

City => Berkshire

Country => U K

Comments => hello
i just saw ur advert on the web
and i will like to buy ur ( Racer/Diablo 190 like new/PD 193 Reserve -
$1200)
i am based in U K but presently in Western Africa on a skydiving vacation and Business vacation i am willing to pay ... $1200 and i will be responsible for the shipment and pick up to my destination get back to me at joelincole@yahoo.co.uk if my offer is acceptable by you . Joeline.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

martybarman  (C License)

Dec 6, 2005, 5:01 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] Username: joelineskie - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

i got an email from this person wanting to buy my micron. exact scenario that is in the reported scam section. be careful.

marty

murphyka  (C 34944)

Dec 12, 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #3 of 5 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martybarman] Username: joelineskie - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

I have also received an email from this person interested in buying a canopy.

stuey  (D 20997)

Dec 24, 2005, 6:11 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [murphyka] Username: joelineskie - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

I got a bunch of emails from this person trying to buy my rig. Beware they will also tell you their sister is sick and then a couple emails later tell their sister died and they need the balance of their money ASAP.

freefall9138  (A 43657)

Jan 6, 2006, 2:39 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] Username: joelineskie - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Well it looks like this individual is a busy person. He contacted me as well using the same scam. Everyone who has been contacted by this person or any other should report it to www.ic3.gov. This is a government web site to report any fraudulant activity.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)