Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Anyone know??

woodpecker  (C 106098)

Oct 26, 2005, 5:57 AM
Post #1 of 11 (844 views)
Shortcut
Anyone know?? Can't Post

if i can fit a pilot or sabre2 170 in my icon I4?

davelepka  (D 21448)

Oct 26, 2005, 6:07 AM
Post #2 of 11 (834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woodpecker] Anyone know?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aerodyne knows. Check the website. They probabaly have a shitload of other info on there you should know as well.

If not, I'm sure they've got some pretty pictures.

aubsmell  (D 25066)

Oct 28, 2005, 7:22 AM
Post #3 of 11 (628 views)
Shortcut

not without a shoehorn and some vasiline.. Actually even with those handy helpers I don't think it would work.

ZigZagMarquis  (D License)

Oct 28, 2005, 8:09 AM
Post #4 of 11 (615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aubsmell] Anyone know?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
not without a shoehorn and some vasiline.. Actually even with those handy helpers I don't think it would work.

Their web-site says an I4 can take a 132 to 150 sized main... Woodpecker... good luck getting a 170 into it... I'd like to watch.

Wink

thepollster  (D 12122)

Oct 28, 2005, 8:16 AM
Post #5 of 11 (612 views)
Shortcut

If your profile is correct, and you currently have an airlocked 150 in an I4, I think a good packer could make it fit. It might not be pretty, or easy, and it shouldn't be tried with a new 170, but I'd take the challenge. Of course, I would borrow the 170 to test, so it wouldn't cost anything but time.

woodpecker  (C 106098)

Oct 29, 2005, 5:39 AM
Post #6 of 11 (567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ZigZagMarquis] Anyone know?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Their web-site says an I4 can take a 132 to 150 sized main... Woodpecker... good luck getting a 170 into it... I'd like to watch.

Wink

Hell, I have a hard enough time getting my 150 in the damn bag. Wink

woodpecker  (C 106098)

Oct 29, 2005, 5:42 AM
Post #7 of 11 (565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thepollster] Anyone know?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
If your profile is correct, and you currently have an airlocked 150 in an I4, I think a good packer could make it fit. It might not be pretty, or easy, and it shouldn't be tried with a new 170, but I'd take the challenge. Of course, I would borrow the 170 to test, so it wouldn't cost anything but time.
Pollster, my profile is correct and I am getting an airlocked 150 in the bag. Its not pretty, but it goes. Angelic
Angelic

thepollster  (D 12122)

Oct 29, 2005, 6:06 AM
Post #8 of 11 (563 views)
Shortcut

A rep from the manufactor already said it won't fit, but are you going to try anyway? My money is on it working.

thegreekone

Oct 29, 2005, 3:26 PM
Post #9 of 11 (534 views)
Shortcut

My money is on it working.

If it DOES work, my money is on the pilot chute in tow that comes with it. A snug fit is one thing, jumping a brick and the ripple effect that comes along with it just doesn't appeal to me. JMHO

good luck either way

(This post was edited by thegreekone on Oct 29, 2005, 3:26 PM)

koppel  (F License)

Oct 30, 2005, 5:19 AM
Post #10 of 11 (498 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
if i can fit a pilot or sabre2 170 in my icon I4?

Easy, just cut the lines off Wink

aubsmell  (D 25066)

Oct 30, 2005, 3:10 PM
Post #11 of 11 (475 views)
Shortcut

Just as pollster says, it may very well go, there are a ton of factors in what makes a canopy's pack volume and that number floats even on like sizes in like designs. The batches of fabric, tape, and line can fluctuate as much as 10%.

That is why manufacturers are a little dodgey when it comes to swearing the exact size of an X 150 or 135, because that number can change with every canopy built.

You could get it in there, but I would never sell you one.

But if you can get hold of the canopy you may be buying, I'd say give it a try, you never know... with that shoe horn it may fit... but make sure it is safe if you end up doing major cramming, you have a farily low jump number, get a few second guesses in there, and remember this may give you more than just the odd pilot chute in tow... it could give you ugly-lumpy-rig-itus...

Which can only be cured by buing the proper size rig for your canopy combo...

A-

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)