Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Oral exam flash cards/study tools?

AlexCrowley  (A License)

Aug 13, 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #1 of 8 (727 views)
Shortcut
Oral exam flash cards/study tools? Can't Post

Anyone know of anything in existence to help those of us who have examination problems.

I have one of those brains that totally spirals into blankness, even though I may know the material inside out, so I have to study til it's muscle memory and an unconcious response. As such I'm wondering if there are any flash cards out there for the A and B license tests? (I only need A for now).

If no one has any ideas I'll code it myself and put it up for everyone to use. If anyone wants to volunteer to help compile question/answers that'd be cool - ask me for the format needed.

Thanks.

Sen.Blutarsky  (Student)

Aug 13, 2005, 1:12 PM
Post #2 of 8 (715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AlexCrowley] Oral exam flash cards/study tools? [In reply to] Can't Post

An efficient approach would have you take the exam without preparation, reason it through and assuming you do fail the test copy down the questions you missed, discuss the correct answers with your proctor and then study up only on the issues missed given the exam material doesn't change. However you could pass it on your initial attempt, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you did even though exams are not your forte. Good luck.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

AlexCrowley  (A License)

Aug 13, 2005, 1:38 PM
Post #3 of 8 (704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sen.Blutarsky] Oral exam flash cards/study tools? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Senator, Sir.

I'm actually bored and looking for reasons to code. Wink

I know the material inside and out simply from being around the right people - but I'm not joking about my head falling apart during exams, its just something that has happened my entire life.

Mike111

Aug 13, 2005, 2:19 PM
Post #4 of 8 (699 views)
Shortcut

Why don't you make your own - draw something you can relate to about what you need to remember which you could remember easier than texts - then look at it whenever you need to to refresh yourself.

For exams, deep breaths and confidence in yourself should help you perform better with the questinos and prevent a kind of brain freeze

Good luck mate,

Im sure you will do fine!

Mike

(This post was edited by Mike111 on Aug 13, 2005, 5:52 PM)

AggieDave  (D License)

Aug 13, 2005, 3:26 PM
Post #5 of 8 (689 views)
Shortcut

Take the category quiz questions out of the SIM and make flash cards with those. Know not just the answers but also have a reasonable understanding of why. That is what the A-license oral quiz should be coming from anyways. Some of the questions are specific to the categories and don't really apply to an A-licensed jumper, but you'll be able to pick those out of the crowd and you'll understand why they don't apply.

Good luck! Besure to get your case of beer for your A-license.Wink

tdog  (D 28800)

Aug 13, 2005, 7:19 PM
Post #6 of 8 (657 views)
Shortcut

http://genbiol.cbs.umn.edu/alicense/

used to work. Right now it looks like it is down, at least for me, but it was how I got thru the A test.... (I think my instructor was impressed - after a few questions he said, "is there any part you did not memorize?", and we moved onto theory that is not in the SIM, the "what if you..." type questions... Became a 45 minute educational session much more worth while than I expected...

bch7773  (C License)

Aug 13, 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #7 of 8 (637 views)
Shortcut

theres a great computer program out there called "Simstudy" i think is the name. its free and has the A license questions

AlexCrowley  (A License)

Aug 14, 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #8 of 8 (629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bch7773] Oral exam flash cards/study tools? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats awesome!

Saved me having to type out all the questions in the SIm (which is what I was going to have an army of interested volunteers do for me :) ).

Thanks for the link.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)