Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Just another hop n pop post.

AlexCrowley  (A License)

Aug 6, 2005, 9:27 PM
Post #1 of 6 (735 views)
Shortcut
Just another hop n pop post. Can't Post

After several months of 'hrmmm urmmm argh' when thinking about getting these done I realized I was no longer concerned about getting them done. Maybe because I've been reading up on things to find that many jumpers learnt while deploying well under 3500'.

So I did them both 5500, 3500.

I really enjoyed them. No long ride to altitude while spending 90% of that time worrying about a freefall dive flow. Out and fly around.

Learnt a good lesson about digital altimeters that I'd suspected but had been told I was wrong ("No dude, these digital alti's are accurate to 10'"). Yup, exit at 3300, deployed 2 seconds later at 3300.........yeah.uh no.

Overall I really think I'll be spending some more time doing these for a number of reasons.

I guess I'm posting because I wanted to tell someone that it was fun, and to let those who are currently nervous about them that they shouldnt be feared.

So, 8 jumps, my RW requirements and some packing skills and finally I may get my A.

Gravitymaster  (D License)

Aug 7, 2005, 9:37 AM
Post #2 of 6 (676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AlexCrowley] Just another hop n pop post. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah.. I remember mine. Out of a C182 and hanging the strut for about 10 seconds. Does anyone hang the strut on their hop n' Pop anymore?

airtwardo  (D License)

Aug 7, 2005, 9:41 AM
Post #3 of 6 (674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gravitymaster] Just another hop n pop post. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Ah.. I remember mine. Out of a C182 and hanging the strut for about 10 seconds. Does anyone hang the strut on their hop n' Pop anymore?

Quote:

I was telling about hanging on the strut to a fairly new skydiver...

He asked~
"What's a 182?"

Sly

KIDS these days!Wink

AlexCrowley  (A License)

Aug 7, 2005, 6:27 PM
Post #4 of 6 (616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [airtwardo] Just another hop n pop post. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I had the chance, I was looking forward to it - there's a picture in one of the books (Skydivers handbook?). My first 13 jumps were 182 and 206, then they closed down.

FrogNog  (C 34484)

Aug 9, 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #5 of 6 (499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AlexCrowley] Just another hop n pop post. [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
("No dude, these digital alti's are accurate to 10'")

I think you just learned the difference between precision and accuracy. Smile

Do you have the manual for your alti? I'm guessing they say the accuracy of the altimeter is +/- 500 feet.

teason  (D 18902)

Aug 10, 2005, 8:53 AM
Post #6 of 6 (462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gravitymaster] Just another hop n pop post. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hang? You can get in at least 2 front loops in by 2200' if you flipTongue

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)