Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Freeflying:
TRAINING METHODS-SKYBALLS, DRILL DIVES ETC...

fedykin  (D License)

Jul 6, 2002, 8:07 AM
Post #1 of 5 (702 views)
Shortcut
TRAINING METHODS-SKYBALLS, DRILL DIVES ETC... Can't Post

Im really curious what everyones opinion is on what the best method of aquring precise flying skills is... ie drill dives like hell ie. alternating 360's holding slots etc.. or jumping with a ball as soon as you can safely retrive it so u know exactly where you are moving relatively speaking.Angelic

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Jul 6, 2002, 8:16 AM
Post #2 of 5 (692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fedykin] TRAINING METHODS-SKYBALLS, DRILL DIVES ETC... [In reply to] Can't Post

Clearly ball jumps have the most danger. Even the best ball masters sometimes have issues getting to the ball and if your not up to thier skill level there is a good chance you'll lose it. Drill dives with someone that knows what they are doing is the perfered method at my DZ.

Kirils  (D License)

Jul 7, 2002, 5:27 AM
Post #3 of 5 (673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] TRAINING METHODS-SKYBALLS, DRILL DIVES ETC... [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic
OK, since you are talkin' about spaceballs...
I've seen them made from tennis balls, but how exactly does one go about making one.?
Thanks!
/

AggieDave  (D License)

Jul 7, 2002, 7:09 AM
Post #4 of 5 (669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kirils] TRAINING METHODS-SKYBALLS, DRILL DIVES ETC... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do a quick search in Talk back and in G&R, we've discussed this a few times.Smile

freeflir29  (D 10000000)

Jul 8, 2002, 9:13 AM
Post #5 of 5 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] TRAINING METHODS-SKYBALLS, DRILL DIVES ETC... [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't worry about skyballs!! You fly with those AFTER you already have the skills and just want to do something cool. Two way drill dives are the way to go. In 6 or 8 jumps with Andre I have gone from hardly being able to dock HD to doing transitions and eagles with docs in between. Thats the best way to learn.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Freeflying

Search for (options)