Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
new girl

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

shortyj  (Student)

Jun 8, 2005, 2:25 PM
Post #1 of 51 (1825 views)
Shortcut
new girl Can't Post

hey everyone what's up. Going to do my first tandem soon. any advice? I want you all to tell me how much you love skydiving.Smile

marks  (D 22296)

Jun 8, 2005, 3:21 PM
Post #2 of 51 (1814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shortyj] new girl [In reply to] Can't Post

search for your dropzone carefully, make sure they ARE who they say they are. instead of some middleman. the price should range around 150$ total. do not give any credit card info unless they supply you with an address BEFORE you sign up. and it would be wise to make sure that address really exists.

look in the dropzone locater and find you a dz there. that will illiminate the middleman scam out there and save you a ton of money.Smile

have fun!Wink

(This post was edited by marks on Jun 8, 2005, 3:22 PM)

shortyj  (Student)

Jun 8, 2005, 3:24 PM
Post #3 of 51 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marks] new girl [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info. You've made alot no a ton of jumps. So what did the first jump feel like?Smile

marks  (D 22296)

Jun 8, 2005, 3:32 PM
Post #4 of 51 (1806 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
thanks for the info. You've made alot no a ton of jumps. So what did the first jump feel like?Smile

scared out of my mind. nervous as hell, but i had a cutie female jumpmaster that helped calm me down.Wink

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 8, 2005, 4:00 PM
Post #5 of 51 (1800 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums! Smile Where are you going to do your jump at? The first jump...well, you know what they say, you never forget your first! Wink Make sure you get video, it's a little overwhelming on your first time.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT  (B License)

Jun 8, 2005, 9:53 PM
Post #6 of 51 (1776 views)
Shortcut

after your tamdem u plan on really getting involved in skydiving? have fun on ur first jump. smile for the cameraSmile

Erroll

Jun 9, 2005, 2:40 AM
Post #7 of 51 (1761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] new girl [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
well, you know what they say, you never forget your first! Wink Make sure you get video, it's a little overwhelming on your first time.

Not to mention a tad awkward, unless you know the camera man quite well...Angelic

robconway  (C 36060)

Jun 9, 2005, 9:53 AM
Post #8 of 51 (1738 views)
Shortcut

sup shorty. i actualy did my 1st tandem on vacation down @ FreeFall Express in Mt. Vernon, Mo. last Sept. and it absolutly changed my life! its the only thing that can keep me sober! ive made 51 jumps sinse then and its a new experience every time. there is nothing like pulling a huge "gainer" off of an airplane wing.

Orange1  (B 2638)

Jun 9, 2005, 1:56 PM
Post #9 of 51 (1723 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
hey everyone what's up. Going to do my first tandem soon. any advice? I want you all to tell me how much you love skydiving.Smile

I love skydiving Laugh

palejo  (B 27585)

Jun 9, 2005, 5:26 PM
Post #10 of 51 (1703 views)
Shortcut

Arch, relax and enjoy the ride
Have ton of fun and don't forget to get your video

Blue ones

TAndrews  (A 45337)

Jun 9, 2005, 7:14 PM
Post #11 of 51 (1689 views)
Shortcut

Get ready for the most exciting thing you have ever tried. It's hard to describe what it feels like, you just have to experience it! It will feel like it went by in a flash, then you will start remembering differtent things that were going on during the dive. The video is well worth the extra money I've wached mine hundreds of times.

shortyj  (Student)

Jun 20, 2005, 8:18 AM
Post #12 of 51 (1621 views)
Shortcut

cute girls always help don't they?Tongue

shortyj  (Student)

Jun 20, 2005, 8:20 AM
Post #13 of 51 (1619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] new girl [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm doing my first jump in Greensburg, indianaSmile

shortyj  (Student)

Jun 20, 2005, 8:30 AM
Post #14 of 51 (1618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robconway] new girl [In reply to] Can't Post

that's good i bet it's alot more fun and more of a rush than drinkingWink I'm definitely looking forward to the rush.

Dmac98  (C 40896)

Jun 20, 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #15 of 51 (1576 views)
Shortcut

The instructors at Greensburg are very good, You'll love it. Try to relax and enjoy the view. I did a tandem there last summer and now I'm halfway through AFF.

Salsa_John  (B 9913421)

Jun 22, 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #16 of 51 (1537 views)
Shortcut

been doing this 8 months now. I have 92 jumps, my own gear...(travel!).

Love it. the best thing I ever could have done. Great scenery, great people, great experience.

my first tandem, I was in the door hyper ventilating. the TM said take a deep breath and I was out the door. I went from a 9 fear to a 12 ecstasy (on a 10 scale) in 5 seconds.

I did a second tandem the same day and haven't looked back.

Now that I can deal with door, it is pure gold.

Welcome!

sosexyandsober

Jun 24, 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #17 of 51 (1499 views)
Shortcut

hey skydiving is the best...keep it up. blue skies!

MeatJerky  (Student)

Jun 27, 2005, 6:54 AM
Post #18 of 51 (1466 views)
Shortcut

Looking out of the door the first time was a life changing experience for me. Did my first tandem in Hawaii at Pacific Skydiving, second one in Capetown at Skydive Capetown, as soon as i got back to the states i sold all my worldly possesions and even sold my body to science (god damn smoking research studies, im sitting here scratching a patch right now that i dont even want to wear, howerver if i wear it for 5 days they pay me, and that means i jump more) just to fund AFF and soon some gear. It opened my eyes and for the first time in my life gave me something i feel passionate about. Blue Skies, Dmitry.

monkycndo  (D License)

Jun 28, 2005, 7:21 PM
Post #19 of 51 (1421 views)
Shortcut

Grew up around the airport as my pop was a private pilot. I have always enjoyed the sky. My first jump was a tandem in Mexico. Loved it and planned on doing it more. Time passed and then a skydiving coworker encouraged me to get started. Now I'm hooked and there is no looking back. Love the feel of anticipation in my belly going to 15K and relief when the spotter finally calls door and it is only a few seconds till I go out. Really enjoy freefall and love playing under canopy. This is a sport where the more you put into it, the more you get out and there is always something new to learn. It's awesome to share an activity with people who have the same passion.

Be warned, it is an expensive addiction. But no way am I giving it up.

And remember to smile, it looks great on video.Smile

Dougiefresh  (Student)

Jun 29, 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #20 of 51 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Salsa_John] new girl [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Now that I can deal with door, it is pure gold.

Yeah, the door IS rather scary. But think about it this way: what's the worst that could happen? You could fall out. Ah, shit, another skydive.Tongue

marks  (D 22296)

Jun 29, 2005, 8:09 PM
Post #21 of 51 (1369 views)
Shortcut

yo shorty!!! you still around??? how did it go?

starting aff soon?

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT  (B License)

Jun 30, 2005, 5:51 PM
Post #22 of 51 (1342 views)
Shortcut

from what i know she is jumping on sunday. Im sure she will be hooked Smile

Brian1

Jun 30, 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #23 of 51 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Just did my 1st tandem and loved it go for it. My next one is AFF Sly

shortyj  (Student)

Jul 2, 2005, 7:17 AM
Post #24 of 51 (1296 views)
Shortcut

Yea I'm still here. 6 1/2 hrs till the jump. You guys I'm nervous, but exited also. I couldn't sleep last night. By the time I jump I'm going to be slap happy b/c you know I'm going to be tired. When that door opens and I feel that wind I'm sure i'll wake right up. Peace I'll write cha on Wed. and let you know how I liked it. Have a safe and happy 4th.
Laugh

vamp  (Student)

Jul 2, 2005, 8:33 AM
Post #25 of 51 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Savings depletion beginning in 5....4.....3........2.........1

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)