Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Jav. TJ reserve size

Premier 554

Apr 29, 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #1 of 3 (497 views)
Shortcut
Jav. TJ reserve size Can't Post

I just bought a Used '93 Javelin TJ. I see on the Sunpath website that the recommended reserve size is 126-135. The card shows that the previous owner had a 150 raven in it. From your experience, which pd size should I put in the rig for best fit? PD126 or PD143?
Just looking for opinions.

thanks

masterrig  (D License)

Apr 29, 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #2 of 3 (461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [554] Jav. TJ reserve size [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I just bought a Used '93 Javelin TJ. I see on the Sunpath website that the recommended reserve size is 126-135. The card shows that the previous owner had a 150 raven in it. From your experience, which pd size should I put in the rig for best fit? PD126 or PD143?
Just looking for opinions.

According to your profile, you're a Senior Rigger. I would suggest, following Sunpath Products recommendations. Different reserves, will pack-up differently. PD reserves, tend to pack-up a 'bit bigger' than say, a Smart reserve.

Chuck

hookitt  (D License)

Apr 29, 2005, 1:15 PM
Post #3 of 3 (453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [masterrig] Jav. TJ reserve size [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I would suggest, following Sunpath Products recommendations

I recently put together 2 rigs sized for the parachutes as per Sunpath. In one a 113 was put in and a 126 could fit.

Reality states that as good as the the manufacturer "may" be, the manufacturer is not all knowing.

As per previous experience a 93 TJ would hold a Micro Raven 150 just fine. I've never packed a 143 into one though.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)