Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3

aber_aos  (C 104142)

Apr 28, 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #1 of 8 (773 views)
Shortcut
Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 Can't Post

I'm about to buy a vector 3 and saw that one of the colour choices for the monogram thread is "Variegated Black/Silver". Please could someone post a picture of what this looks like. Does it look any good on a black rig? It sounds like it could give quite a subtle silver effectCool, but might also look awful. Frown

It would be a shame to spoil the look of a new rig by getting this choice wrong. If this option doesn't look like it will work I'll stick with the plain silver on black instead. All opinions welcomed.

Thanks

ChrisL  (C 35323)

Apr 28, 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #2 of 8 (710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aber_aos] Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is my Vector 3.

The Wonderhog logo has the black/silver variegated thread in the goggles.

This picture doesnt capture the look as it appears in real life. Its got a bit more of a metallic look.

Its nice, and I recommend it :-)
Attachments: rig_front.jpg (58.9 KB)

masterrig  (D License)

Apr 28, 2005, 1:09 PM
Post #3 of 8 (681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ChrisL] Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

You are right! The varigated thread looks cool as hell! Sharp looking rig, BTW!Cool

Chuck

falxori  (D License)

Apr 28, 2005, 1:26 PM
Post #4 of 8 (669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aber_aos] Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont have a pic here (just got my rig and its at my rigger's plac) but, i have the Variegated design with purple and silver and it looks really cool.

the attached pic is not my rig, but i've found it in one of the threads when i was designing mine. hope it helps ( and the rig is black)

O
Attachments: hog1.JPG (29.1 KB)

CloudOnMyTongue  (B 5475)

Apr 28, 2005, 9:36 PM
Post #5 of 8 (597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [falxori] Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe you've just reposted chris's rig.

falxori  (D License)

Apr 29, 2005, 1:33 AM
Post #6 of 8 (567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CloudOnMyTongue] Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm, so its a good time to thank him because his rig helped me when i designed mine Wink

mental note: next time check other posts...

O

ChrisL  (C 35323)

Apr 29, 2005, 6:25 AM
Post #7 of 8 (529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [falxori] Variegated Black/Silver thread : Vector 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you all like my rig. I'm pretty fond of it myself Smile
Its sweet. Vector 3 M-Series with skyhook.

My very first custom ordered brand new stuff. Of course its a year and a half old now

Wish I had a clearer picture of the logo that did that thread justice
but this gives an idea anyway.

Cheers!

aber_aos  (C 104142)

Apr 29, 2005, 9:31 AM
Post #8 of 8 (511 views)
Shortcut

Thanks to everyone for the info so far. Smile

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of the 'MICRON' or 'Vector3' logos embroidered on the side of the container in the variegated thread? From the pictures so far I'm thinking it may not look as good for large blocks of colour; if someone has it I'd love to be proved wrong.

It looks good as part of that image, but that is surrounded by other colours. If it isn't surrounded it may just blend into the side panel of the rig.

Thanks!

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)