And it starts...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

EMSchick98  (Student)

Apr 22, 2005, 1:55 PM
Post #1 of 92 (1574 views)
Shortcut
And it starts... Can't Post

Hello!
Well tomorrow will start my addiction. I have my first AFF class and jump Cool I already know I am going to be hooked!!! (I will keep you all informed as to how it goes). Cross your fingers for good weather in Georgia (suppose to be windy)! I am going to Georgia Skydiving Center and so far it seems great. The guy I have been talking to is soooo patient with all my questions. Well just wanted to say hi, so hi!

Amazon  (D License)

Apr 22, 2005, 1:58 PM
Post #2 of 92 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EMSchick98] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

Just remember to smile... you are having funSmile

EMSchick98  (Student)

Apr 22, 2005, 2:02 PM
Post #3 of 92 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Having fun, got it! I will repeat that all the way down.... Cool

flyangel2

Apr 22, 2005, 2:16 PM
Post #4 of 92 (1537 views)
Shortcut

WelcomeSmile

Don't worry if the weather isn't going to allow you to jump, you still have to be out at the DZ most of the day for your AFF training. Good luck and have fun.

Nickkk  (C 35901)

Apr 22, 2005, 5:17 PM
Post #5 of 92 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyangel2] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck!!!! :)

bigorangemd  (D 30922)

Apr 22, 2005, 6:38 PM
Post #6 of 92 (1508 views)
Shortcut

Good luck. The winds may be tricky, but towards afternoon who knows. During my AFF waited all day long for the winds to die and got 3 in one late afternoon, so don't give up, it's fun just to hang.

tigerclaw  (A 50153)

Apr 22, 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #7 of 92 (1501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyangel2] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there and WELCOME! Cool
Like Flyangel said, don't worry 'bout the weather.
I only have five jumps but it's not for lack of effort.Mad
The sky/work/stuff/ doesn't seem to cooperate...Tongue
The point is ( from rookie to rookie) There WILL be days you can't jump, for whatever reason. But you will be able to learn SO much at the DZ from your "Senior Classmates" and Instructors. If you ever get grounded due to weather, there's a pretty good chance there is someone around who is willing/able/qualified to teach you something else you will need a bit further down the road. I have had the good fortune to learn GROUND Training for Categories C, D, and a bit of E while waiting for better weather...I love hanging out at my DZ. ( Hooray for Skydive Orange!!!!!Wink ) but I hope you'll have better weather than we doLaugh
Whether I'm watching more senior jumpers flare, or pack, I'm always picking up something useful. I've found this sport to be addictive and one thing I've heard from everyone, with no exceptions so far... is that no matter how many jumps you have, you'll always be learning. So bottom line from Mr. Overtalkative, enjoy every trip to your DZ even if ya don't get up there in the air. Blue Skies!Angelic

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Apr 23, 2005, 5:11 AM
Post #8 of 92 (1493 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Hello!
Well tomorrow will start my addiction. I have my first AFF class and jump Cool I already know I am going to be hooked!!! (I will keep you all informed as to how it goes). Cross your fingers for good weather in Georgia (suppose to be windy)! I am going to Georgia Skydiving Center and so far it seems great. The guy I have been talking to is soooo patient with all my questions. Well just wanted to say hi, so hi!

Congrats, Mandy....GSC is a good place to start. By the time you read this you will have probably made your first one....be safe and HAVE FUN!

luckky  (A 44099)

Apr 24, 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #9 of 92 (1456 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mandy,,i went through my training at GSC.(static line) it is a great place to go i love it there and sandor is an awesome JM..we'll (p-nut and i) will probably see ya there in the near future..In the meantime have fun and be safe..look forward to hearing all about your adventures from there this weekend

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Apr 24, 2005, 4:24 PM
Post #10 of 92 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckky] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

You tell that old man of yours that HE'S the Luckky one.
LaughLaughLaugh

Peej  (B 2456)

Apr 24, 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #11 of 92 (1429 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums, by now you should have done your first jump, how did it go?

EMSchick98  (Student)

Apr 25, 2005, 6:05 AM
Post #12 of 92 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peej] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all hi to all the GSC people I met!!! You guys are all wonderful, thanks for making my weekend great! As for the jumps... Well apparently it is a bad idea to jump in 30 mph winds Wink Needless to say no jumps made Frown I did get to take the AFF first jump class though and I got it... ARCH & PULL!!! Cool I did spend the weekend at the Georgia Skydiving Center and had a blast! I got to watch people pack chutes and got a chance to ask all the questions I could think of. I cannot wait to go back and get to jump, miss being there already!

More Cowbells!!! Tongue

luckky  (A 44099)

Apr 25, 2005, 8:46 AM
Post #13 of 92 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popsjumper] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

awwwww,,thats so sweet of ya...I was lucky before i met him,,heheheee

Thanatos340  (B 27588)

Apr 25, 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #14 of 92 (1401 views)
Shortcut

Hey it was nice meeting you this weekend.

Anoyone who comes out for their FJC and gets completely winded out after finising the course, then Goes Home only to return a few hours later with a case of beer and stays for the rest of the weekend anyway is going to make a great skydiver someday!!

You already got it figured out... If you cant Jump, you can atleast go to the DZ and complain about the weather with everyone else.

And how the hell does Sandor keep getting all these Hottie Students? It must be his HUGE Deck!!

Oh, I cant wait untill YOUR Packing Class!!Wink

hisgoofyness  (B 28946)

Apr 25, 2005, 1:17 PM
Post #15 of 92 (1398 views)
Shortcut

It was good to meet you as well. Like J said, you are well on your way to being a skydiver just from this weekends "performance". Look forward to seeing you again soon!

By the way, don't worry...... You will get MORE COWBELL !!!

jumpchikk  (B License)

Apr 25, 2005, 1:18 PM
Post #16 of 92 (1398 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
First of all hi to all the GSC people I met!!! You guys are all wonderful, thanks for making my weekend great!

Glad you guys came down and took the class and hung out with us!! You are definitely going to make one hell of a skydiver!!

In reply to:
As for the jumps... Well apparently it is a bad idea to jump in 30 mph winds Wink Needless to say no jumps made Frown I did get to take the AFF first jump class though and I got it... ARCH & PULL!!! Cool

and don't forget to FLARE FLARE FLARE!!! (something I definitely need to work on)

In reply to:
I did spend the weekend at the Georgia Skydiving Center and had a blast! I got to watch people pack chutes

Ah yes! The art of packing parachutes is VERY intricate, but we will be more than happy to help you in anyway we can...Wink

In reply to:
and got a chance to ask all the questions I could think of. I cannot wait to go back and get to jump, miss being there already!

Next weekend good for you? Laugh

In reply to:
More Cowbells!!! Tongue

You've got the fever too, eh? Tongue

EMSchick98  (Student)

Apr 25, 2005, 1:44 PM
Post #17 of 92 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thanatos340] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahhh, yes, my packing class should be interesting Wink But I am so shy and sweet and innocent!!! Angelic Right?

EMSchick98  (Student)

Apr 25, 2005, 1:46 PM
Post #18 of 92 (1392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hisgoofyness] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the Skydive Chicagoland advice Smile I cannot wait to come back, too bad I will be in Chicago for the next two weekends Frown May 14th and 15th, I am totally there!!!

EMSchick98  (Student)

Apr 25, 2005, 1:50 PM
Post #19 of 92 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jumpchikk] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well as long as I have someone to help me packing the chute, I should be alright Wink I wish I could be there this weekend, I actually am thinking about going home on Monday to jump this weekend... Otherwise, it will be May 14th and 15th... No more lime/tequila jello shots though!!! We need good ones for that weekend!!! That way we can party until the cowbell rings!!!

luckky  (A 44099)

Apr 25, 2005, 4:35 PM
Post #20 of 92 (1374 views)
Shortcut

ohh my i do so luv your new aviater!!! is that your feet i see!!!

DaGimp  (D 26522)

Apr 25, 2005, 4:50 PM
Post #21 of 92 (1372 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
More Cowbells!!!

not another cowbell freak!!!!!

Hey...welcome to the sport....have J and all the other cowbell freaks introduce you to the boogie scean....i hear skydive the farm will be having a great one next month.......[shameless plus].........and if you are sweet and innocent.....that wont last long in this sport!! thats a given!!!

jumpchikk  (B License)

Apr 25, 2005, 5:48 PM
Post #22 of 92 (1361 views)
Shortcut

well, thank you sweetie... I missed you this weekend...

That is my leg and arm in the air.... Isn't it beautiful?

Grace is definitely NOT my middle name....

jumpchikk  (B License)

Apr 25, 2005, 5:52 PM
Post #23 of 92 (1359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaGimp] And it starts... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
More Cowbells!!!

not another cowbell freak!!!!!

Awww Jake you are missing out on the cowbell... Cowbell is good...mmmkay?

Hey...welcome to the sport....have J and all the other cowbell freaks introduce you to the boogie scean....i hear skydive the farm will be having a great one next month.......[shameless plus].........and if you are sweet and innocent.....that wont last long in this sport!! thats a given!!!

We will introduce her soon enough... the weekend she is supposed to be back is the weekend of the skimmel boogie, so we will have to show her (at night) how he can scream like a beiotch about his electronics...

luckky  (A 44099)

Apr 25, 2005, 6:23 PM
Post #24 of 92 (1354 views)
Shortcut

well, thank you sweetie... I missed you this weekend

missed u as well,,had to work sat..

That is my leg and arm in the air.... Isn't it beautiful?

WAYYY Beautifull,,sweetie

jumpchikk  (B License)

Apr 25, 2005, 6:37 PM
Post #25 of 92 (1353 views)
Shortcut

work is overrated especially on the weekends...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)