Shortcut
Re: [mjosparky] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

Pat Moorehead is in the group picture.

ElCap173  (D 6450)

Mar 29, 2005, 4:42 AM
Post #4 of 39 (3421 views)
Shortcut

I believe Joe Wasser is the one in the group photo wearing glasses.

Bully

bozo  (D 10154)

Mar 29, 2005, 4:42 AM
Post #5 of 39 (3421 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Can anyone tell me who this guy is? Wink

Or the people in this group?

Sparky
-------------------------------------------------------
Cap'n Hook.

bozo

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Mar 29, 2005, 5:00 AM
Post #6 of 39 (3416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mx757] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
guess who is Al kruger

Correct, Al Krueger

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Mar 29, 2005, 5:08 AM
Post #7 of 39 (3415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ElCap173] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I believe Joe Wasser is the one in the group photo wearing glasses.

Bully

Hey Little Brother,

You got the hard one.

Left to right:

Dean Westguard, Joe Wasser, Audry Jackman, Pat Moorehead, ?????
The lady in front is Pat's friend.

Two of USPAs elder statesman during their other life. Both recipients of the Life Time Achievement Award.

Sparky

skybill  (D 6009)

Mar 29, 2005, 6:50 PM
Post #8 of 39 (3291 views)
Shortcut

Hi Spark!,
Geez Louise, talk about take us all on a time trip! Al, Audrey, Pat, Dean, Joe and who are the other two?? We were all so much younger then!!

Premier markmark  (D 7074)

Mar 30, 2005, 7:23 AM
Post #9 of 39 (3229 views)
Shortcut

Is the guy on the far right in the group shot Hank Ashuto (sorry if I butcherd his name)?

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Mar 30, 2005, 7:29 AM
Post #10 of 39 (3227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markmark] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Is the guy on the far right in the group shot Hank Ashuto (sorry if I butcherd his name)?

No, Mark it is not Hank Ascuitto. Way too tall, remember Hank could stand up in a D-18.Tongue

Sparky

billbooth  (D 3546)

Mar 30, 2005, 1:21 PM
Post #11 of 39 (3202 views)
Shortcut

Two good things I noticed in the group picture: 1. The shape of the gear sure has changed. 2. The shape of women hasn't.

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Mar 30, 2005, 6:35 PM
Post #12 of 39 (3168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billbooth] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Two good things I noticed in the group picture: 1. The shape of the gear sure has changed. 2. The shape of women hasn't.

Bill, you have a good eye for detail.Wink

Sparky

skybill  (D 6009)

Mar 30, 2005, 7:23 PM
Post #13 of 39 (3161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billbooth] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Bill,
In reply to your comment I can only say thank God for small miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!

The female form has taken eons to perfect, lets leave it at that!!!! Skydiving gear, that's another story!!!!!!!!

PS, (Sparky) We still don't know (at least I can't figgure out) who is the guy next to Pat and the woman kneeling (I know at least that it is NOT Nancy Doyal!!!!!)?????????????????????????????????

(This post was edited by skybill on Mar 30, 2005, 7:34 PM)

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Mar 30, 2005, 7:47 PM
Post #14 of 39 (3156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skybill] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi Bill,
In reply to your comment I can only say thank God for small miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!

The female form has taken eons to perfect, lets leave it at that!!!! Skydiving gear, that's another story!!!!!!!!

PS, (Sparky) We still don't know (at least I can't figgure out) who is the guy next to Pat and the woman kneeling (I know at least that it is NOT Nancy Doyal!!!!!)?????????????????????????????????

The guy next to Pat, I have no idea who he is.

The girl kneeling was Pat's girlfriend at the time, just can't remember her name.

Sparky

tonybrogdon  (D 12855)

Mar 30, 2005, 8:48 PM
Post #15 of 39 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Thought that was Bud instead of Al

Hammitt  (D 4233)

Mar 30, 2005, 9:31 PM
Post #16 of 39 (3137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tonybrogdon] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think our mystery guest is John Cook who used to Jump at Yolo. If memory serves, he was at Fran's Star Ranch when Adrian Merideth ground looped the Beech 18 that's refered to in the post about the Chicken Ranch which we figured out was Fran's Star Ranch.

itllclear  (D 6366)

Mar 30, 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #17 of 39 (3133 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
PS, (Sparky) We still don't know (at least I can't figgure out) the woman kneeling (I know at least that it is NOT Nancy Doyal!!!!!)?????????????????????????????????

The girl kneeling was Pat's girlfriend at the time, just can't remember her name.

Sparky

Bobbie Gallo

tempretired  (A 19639)

Apr 8, 2005, 6:50 AM
Post #18 of 39 (2989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hammitt] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

Regarding the mystery person.

It looks like all of you guys are from the west coast. So, I guess the picture is from the west coast.

However, I'm a former east coast jumper. The person on the far right looks like an east coast guy named Terry Crowe (I'm not sure if it is spelled correctly) that was an instructor/S&TA at X-Keys when it first opened back in 1994(ish). Terry has been skydiving for a long time in many places and this may be a picture from his younger days. Terry is a former Navy Seal. Great guy and great safe skydiver.
That's my guess.

Hammitt  (D 4233)

Apr 8, 2005, 4:43 PM
Post #19 of 39 (2926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tempretired] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still sticking with my guess. I looked at the picture again and it looks like he has the old paraboots Styleboot on. John Cook was one of the few guys I knew that bothered to buy a pair of those. After we got off our PC's (Paracommander for you young'ns) most of us just wore tennis shoes or running shoes.

26ftconical

Apr 19, 2005, 1:07 PM
Post #20 of 39 (2798 views)
Shortcut

Gentlemen:
In 1979 I had a heart attack and I had some visitors and cards, but one individual who I only knew very slightly was Al Kreuger, he came and spent a hour with me. I was most impressed. After he left, I said to myself, there is areal friend! I shall remember him forever.
Blue skies,
26ft canopy

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Apr 19, 2005, 1:10 PM
Post #21 of 39 (2793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [26ftconical] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Gentlemen:
In 1979 I had a heart attack and I had some visitors and cards, but one individual who I only knew very slightly was Al Kreuger, he came and spent a hour with me. I was most impressed. After he left, I said to myself, there is areal friend! I shall remember him forever.
Blue skies,
26ft canopy

Who are you?

wartload

Apr 19, 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #22 of 39 (2773 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
Gentlemen:
Blue skies,
26ft canopy
Who are you?

Sparky -- If he doesn't introduce himself pretty soon, I'll be tempted to out him. In the meantime, don't hesitate to ask him any questions that you always wanted to know concerning early canopy designs ... in almost all cases, he WILL know the answer!

26ftconical

Apr 19, 2005, 6:28 PM
Post #23 of 39 (2766 views)
Shortcut

mjosparky:
1. I am not a jumper. My jumping except for the first 6 (WW2) were test jumping new designs all 16 were freefalls. i marvel at these gus with 5000 and more. My Father was a Barn stormer during the early 1920 and had around 1500 static line jumps from Jennies and Standards. I am walking down the soft side of the moutain with a gentle wind at my back and the warmth of the setting sun on my face. I am a solver of problems, the last one was for good friend Gary Duriss.
Blue skies,
26ftconical

(This post was edited by 26ftconical on Apr 19, 2005, 6:35 PM)

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Apr 19, 2005, 7:33 PM
Post #24 of 39 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [26ftconical] Faces from the Past. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
mjosparky:
1. I am not a jumper. My jumping except for the first 6 (WW2) were test jumping new designs all 16 were freefalls. i marvel at these gus with 5000 and more. My Father was a Barn stormer during the early 1920 and had around 1500 static line jumps from Jennies and Standards. I am walking down the soft side of the moutain with a gentle wind at my back and the warmth of the setting sun on my face. I am a solver of problems, the last one was for good friend Gary Duriss.
Blue skies,
26ftconical

Now you really have my curiosity up. Some of my jumps over the years have been of a testing nature. From the R-2 and R-4 for ParaInovators to the new Navy Air Crew system, the Dura Pack. One thing I have learned, in any test program their will always be problems. And a good problem solver is worth his weight in gold.Wink

Is there any chance I have met you?

And it is spelled Douris.Tongue

Sparky

MissBuffDiver  (D 4621)

Apr 19, 2005, 9:06 PM
Post #25 of 39 (2746 views)
Shortcut

Dean Westgaard, Audrey Jack, Pat Moorehead, John Cook...Joe Wasser in glasses and Bobbie Gallo in bikini. So what's the problem now SPARKY? You know the answer. Is this a quiz to see if there are any OLD FARTS around? If you want to know just ask SNOOPY. They were all part of my Demo team!!!! California Aerial Circus...Bobbie didn't jump, she was Mooreheads girlfriend and an identical twin. No lie!! Couldn't even tell them apart in the nude. Treehouse Nude Ranch... Miss Nude U.S.A. Contest. I was MISS BUFF DIVER. All I wore was my MBD banner and my tennies. [Gear to jump of course]....SANDY

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)