Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Freeflying:
San Marcus ~ Ratz

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

airann  (A 165593)

May 21, 2002, 10:54 AM
Post #1 of 29 (2940 views)
Shortcut
San Marcus ~ Ratz Can't Post

Well- Let me say this. Sorry I missed that event!!

If not only to have seen Goat and Raymond again. Plus Deva and even more people I havent seen in a long while.

I am now editing the film and gosh what a bunch of good talent we have here. My congradulations go out to Kimmie and ?her boyfriend. A very nice skydive that won them 1st place. You guys totally look like you are having a blast on your skydives. Thats awesome. Way to go.

The best exit count goes out to Goat - Nice smile and I love your super secret signals. Also I noticed Goat, that you are very fluid these days. Very nice. Great 3way with Deva, I like that one alot. Deva is Movin for sure. You Go Girl.!!!!

Film credits have to go out to Smith & Moffett for good shots on the competitive films. Also, Raymond and Ramon have great clips of the big way. Good job to all of those who made it in. I am pretty sure at this point that I have at least 2 good stills from film to post of the big way. The only thing that would have made that one better is if there would have been a sunset. But classic Summer 2002 footage for sure.

I have to say that the big way, for only trying it once, was outstanding. Everyone worked together for a good safe round with streamers. Big two thumbs up on that skydive. Great togetherness on exit as well.

As I sit here, the critic by film - I must say that everyone clearly had a great time in the air. The competition was just really full of great talent.

Thanks Gravity Rats for the great event and everyone for the film I lifted off of Levin.

I will have some of these clips up over on Cyberskydive later on. I have a video vault over there. I have several I need to get up there of footage I took in combination with other clips. So later on for those who didnt get to see some of the highlights the film will be there later.

However, Levin swooping the cows Laugh wont be there - I believe that one is a money shot. Watch for that one on a 'reality' show. It is damn hiliarious. Levin doesnt yell too often. I only heard him yell one other time to Tommy who was 1/2 a mile away almost. He sounded a little like Satan.

In order to keep a true perspective on importance, ... have a dog that will worship you and a cat that will ignore you.

Snowflake

May 21, 2002, 11:10 AM
Post #2 of 29 (2910 views)
Shortcut
Re: San Marcus ~ Ratz [In reply to] Can't Post

Jinx.....yea it was great. could have done without some of the wind Saturday though. All I can say is be there next year it'll probably be better then this year if thats possible. I know I'll have more fun next year cause then I should be good enough to really compete.......Kims boyfriend=Paul and they do rock don't they.

PS when your done editing can I get a dub from ya?

"....and then the canopy opens and you float down to the ground like a multicolored snowflake"

JG
Rat# 27

IMGR2  (D 21089)

May 21, 2002, 11:59 AM
Post #3 of 29 (2900 views)
Shortcut

Hey Ann,

Thanks for the post, other than having an ulcer and recovering from a nervous breakdown I now feel like the weekend went off fairly well. As for the big-way stuff, that was thrown together pretty quick but most of us have plans of getting together at Waller for the CASA weekend to try it again. All the talk is the state record was set a couple of years ago in Waller with seven people from all over the U.S. Last Sunday we had eight people for over 3 seconds with all but one from Texas. Brandon being from Oklahoma, we thought what the heck. So to all you freefliers in Texas, come on out to Waller on the weekend of June 1st and lets break the record again. If not we will still have alot of fun.

Go Big!!!
Bryan GR2

ramon  (D 26115)

May 21, 2002, 4:13 PM
Post #4 of 29 (2874 views)
Shortcut
thanks Brian and Robert [In reply to] Can't Post

Just think, we all want you to do it again next year.Wink

BSBD
ramon

airann  (A 165593)

May 21, 2002, 9:05 PM
Post #5 of 29 (2859 views)
Shortcut

From what I can tell you guys did a great job. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up to you guys.

I should be getting the videos up in a day or two. I thought maybe I would have a film by 11, but no such luck... I got distracted. Ck again tommrow and you should find some clips there.

My thing is these films are so very great that its hard to finger what to cut out. Therefore, my finished clips are quite large. Quade tells me this and that but sometimes it doesnt translate very well. Shocked

So anyway, I believe I will take the best manovers of the teams and have a highlight reel. I will post when it is up.

DEFINATELY be at Waller for a REAL GOOD time.

In order to keep a true perspective on importance, ... have a dog that will worship you and a cat that will ignore you.

nacmacfeegle  (D 11004)

May 22, 2002, 6:32 AM
Post #6 of 29 (2836 views)
Shortcut

"My thing is these films are so very great that its hard to finger what to cut out"
Aha, that's what we call "editing" Ann.....LOL
For me, a general rule of thumb.....if its 110% (its that extra 10% that makes it special) kickass, it gets dropped on the 'cutting room' floor, or in your case, consigned to the recycle bin.....I'd rather produce a shorter film, with better shots, and tighter edits.

Cya
D
Gravity Rat # 37
Remember, we can do everything right, and still get hurt.

airann  (A 165593)

May 22, 2002, 10:25 AM
Post #7 of 29 (2813 views)
Shortcut

Exactly.

Actually to make a good short - it takes me some time. Not to mention an extreme amount of computer memory.

Its not as easy as it might look. Except for Quade. My hero.

Its even more difficult for me with my unique filing system for jpgs and avi footage. Here is a sample list of my jpgs.....

Folder: Various Skydives, AnnMovies, AllFilm, or 1AllClips
............Folders: Levin, Ramon, Ann, Nick, Zennie, Russell/Catfish, Brittany, Trey, SomeDude, ChicagoDude, Bud, Other, Misc., and Whatshisname
...........Levins Folder, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 all the way to L36
then.... Clip 001, Clip 002, Clip 003, to Clip 024
then Various Skydivers 1-48, Levin1, Levin2, Levin3 all the way to infinity.

I got a little better---- Tube.Levin1, Tube.Levin2.........
FF.Levin, FF.Ramon, FF.Zak, FF.Ann, etc......
and then the file FF.Ann.Zak.Lev.Bud.Trent

My favorite file has got to be GoodOnes it contains jpgs named 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 to infinity.................

I see people lable clips D34901 - That helps about as much as 1,2,3,4,5 etc.

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

One more recent addition- (film clips) San Marcus 001 -024 - SO FAR!!

Sometimes I use dates, or dz's, but usually names.....
...now where did I out that one jump with hozerdoddle....???

nacmacfeegle  (D 11004)

May 22, 2002, 10:47 AM
Post #8 of 29 (2807 views)
Shortcut

I have one word to save you from cosmic confusion young Jeditor...Logging.
As you capture your clip, write down the file name, location, master tape ID, duration, camera flier, and a very brief synopsis (nice sunset, cool tube, big funnel, etc) of the clip.Yup its a pain in the ass, but its the only way that works.
My sweet pretty timeline jockey, I have edited from over 14 camera fliers, doing over 60 loads, on 300 way attempts. I ended up with about 70 hours of 1 minute clips, not to mention plane shots, faces, and general mayhem. If you know wher eevrything is, the force will flow from your mouse to your epic creation in flawless style.
Logging is the way, the truth and the light, anything else simply doesn't work.....
Try it, and thank me later... Smile.
If you want a logging sheet template, let me know.....

Cya
D
Gravity Rat # 37
Remember, we can do everything right, and still get hurt.

airann  (A 165593)

May 23, 2002, 6:59 AM
Post #9 of 29 (2773 views)
Shortcut

Well, there you have it.......

The most sane thing I have heard....

I will make a note of your simple yet wise solution ot the WTF is L75... Levin doing what? or R43- Ramon doing what?

There is good news however.... I do have the BigWay clip finished and it has the Levin seal of approval. Smile

Today it will be up for your review. I just have to scruch it down and load it to Cyberskydive........

Spread the Love.....

imgr2  (D 21089)

May 23, 2002, 8:29 AM
Post #10 of 29 (2762 views)
Shortcut

OK, call me a big dummy but where is it that we go to see these videos?

Snowflake

May 23, 2002, 11:31 AM
Post #11 of 29 (2746 views)
Shortcut

Ya Big Dummy!!!!!.......

you asked

"....and then the canopy opens and you float down to the ground like a multicolored snowflake"

JG
Rat# 27

IMGR2  (D 21089)

May 23, 2002, 11:39 AM
Post #12 of 29 (2743 views)
Shortcut

Ok Snowflake, your not helping.
I went to both AirAnn.com and Cyberskydive.com and I saw no videos to watch. I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase. Where are these videos hiding.

GR#2

Snowflake

May 23, 2002, 6:08 PM
Post #13 of 29 (2717 views)
Shortcut

Hmmmmm.....sorry about that I looked at both sites and can't find any video either. Maybe Ann will enlighten us I sure would like to see it

JG
Rat# 27

levin  (D License)

May 23, 2002, 10:13 PM
Post #14 of 29 (2703 views)
Shortcut

just got back last night from 5 days of jumping at san marcos and spaceland. had to take a day off to come back and register for summer classes. then back to houston tomorrow for 4 more days. the gravity rats festival kicked ass. special thanks to robert and brian for hosting such a great event. i learned more last weekend at san marcos than i have learned in awhile. most of the dives i did there were the most challenging i have done so far. that bigway was very cool. stevie, trent, jed, eric, zak and i did a 6-way version of that bigway at spaceland tuesday. the exit went perfect. also stevie, trent, jed and i have been working one of the 4-ways and a few variations of it all week. lot of excitement for some bigways at spaceland the week of the 14th thru 16th. there will be 2 casas and 3 otters. and also some 120-ways goin on.

since it hasn't been posted yet. here's the results of the freefly competiton (names and home dz) and the bigway participants (unofficial state record)
1st place: kimmie and paul sdsm
2nd place: john and brandon sdd
3rd place: goat and scott sdd
4th place: rodger and kyle sdh
5th place: ramon and levin sdsl
bigway: brian, robert, goat, john, brandon, kimmie, paul, raymond and levin. outside video by ramon

who's going to skydive houston and spaceland for the casas and bigways?

levin
gr40

hey ann...where's that video?

Gravityrat4  (D 25474)

May 24, 2002, 10:03 AM
Post #15 of 29 (2674 views)
Shortcut

Hey Levine,

I know that Bryan and myself from San Marcos will be at Waller next weekend for some big ways. I am sure we will bring a few others. I hadn't heard about Spaceland on the 14th and 15th but that sounds like a plan. I am sure the San Marcos gang would be up for it. Glad you guys had a good time last weekend I know we did and we look forward to jumping with everyone again.

Paul

airann  (A 165593)

May 24, 2002, 10:24 AM
Post #16 of 29 (2670 views)
Shortcut

Let me just open with a Limp Bizkit quote "Shut the Fuck Up"

Thank you....

I am working on it - damn it.......

Over on Cyberskydive Which is Dan's little quiet forum for cool people... I have a Video Vault, which is patiently waiting for this video and others to arrive. Meanwhile, you can see the low bandwith one that I finished some time ago. It's mostly Levin flyin around, Ramon and Trey, Ortiz and some other folks.

Patience.... gimme a minute... Its not like I have God Like Powers like Quade. The damn video is like 1.4 gigs at the moment. .... Poot.... I'll be back..

ramon  (D 26115)

May 24, 2002, 10:54 AM
Post #17 of 29 (2664 views)
Shortcut
Uh...hello ..Ann? [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember the little discussion we had about responding to the right people.

Well you just told Paul Mann to "Shut the F up" when I am sure you probably meant Brian.

Respond to the posts in threaded mode and people will understand what the hell you are talking about and to who Wink

bloo skies
ramon

IMGR2  (D 21089)

May 24, 2002, 11:08 AM
Post #18 of 29 (2660 views)
Shortcut
Re: Uh...hello ..Ann? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, somebody has a short fuse.
I was not being impatient, I just thought I was looking in the wrong place for the videos. I apologize for upsetting you so, I will never ask for anything from you ever again.

Bryan

ramon  (D 26115)

May 24, 2002, 12:16 PM
Post #19 of 29 (2653 views)
Shortcut

She's not mad Laugh.

if anything she is going to chew me and Levin out tonight when I go over there to mount my still camera and bug her about the videos.

ramon

levin  (D License)

May 24, 2002, 12:45 PM
Post #20 of 29 (2650 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Wow, somebody has a short fuse.
I was not being impatient, I just thought I was looking in the wrong place for the videos. I apologize for upsetting you so, I will never ask for anything from you ever again.

Bryan
hey bryan, i'm pretty sure she was talking to me and not you. i keep nagging about the video. -HEY ANN!!! where's that video???- anyway, i don't even think she was rying to be mean. you have to read it in this short, chippery, nice, sarcastic kinda voice...Shut The Fuck UP!!! :0D

levin
gr40

BTW, Hey ANN!!!, where's that damn video???

ramon  (D 26115)

May 24, 2002, 1:04 PM
Post #21 of 29 (2644 views)
Shortcut
Do I get a GR number? [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone at the boogie seems to have one Laugh.

It's a texas thang
ramon

IMGR2  (D 21089)

May 24, 2002, 1:09 PM
Post #22 of 29 (2641 views)
Shortcut

Its awfully quiet in here today. Are we the only four people that are not at the dz on a Friday at 3 o-clock. I don't know about Houston but SM is nasty today. Hope it gets better. Oh and you guys don't worry about me, I was just trying to pull the ol' jedi mind trick. Reverse psychology, trying to get her to hurry her ass up and post that video. hehe.

See ya'll next week.

IMGR2  (D 21089)

May 24, 2002, 1:16 PM
Post #23 of 29 (2640 views)
Shortcut
Re: Do I get a GR number? [In reply to] Can't Post

Talk to Robert about that one. He's in charge of GR#'s.

You know he's the Big Kahuna, El Numero Uno, the all mighty, all powerful Gravity Rat # 1.

I'm like the Robin to his Batman, the BooBoo to his Yogi, well you get my drift.

airann  (A 165593)

May 24, 2002, 2:13 PM
Post #24 of 29 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Shut the fuck up Ramon.... I dont even know that Dude. And Ramon dont use the doorbell, it makes me think someone important is there.
Levin... Shut the fuck up.... You get triple pied..

LOL, you guys make me laugh so much. ... Damn everyone SO serious...... ROFLAO Laugh

I am uplaoding it right NOW.....

However, this is so much fun... I may delay it.... Just Kidding...

here is me sucking bad... Here Myself with camera on top, Zak in red/yellow, Trent with silver helmet sunk low, Levin is around somewhere..... some idiot talked me into jumping a 4 min call - naturally I went without my jumpsuit and that didnt work out too good. I flail all over the place, but I had big fun... The ending is the best part.

Unfortunately, I didnt do the last rendering and the settings are wrong, so it has these giant square pixels. Therefore you cant see me laughing my ass off at myself.

The ending, Zak fading into a cloud -my shot, Levin fading out of a cloud, his shot- is good footage. The ending, my shot, is good however, classic Ann footage......

Update... 63% finished.... on the bigway video.....

airann  (A 165593)

May 24, 2002, 2:22 PM
Post #25 of 29 (2632 views)
Shortcut

GodDamnITCartman....... Rootbeer came out my nose.....

This is right but it aint pretty.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Freeflying

Search for (options)