Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
editing

aerialcameraman  (D 27629)

Feb 14, 2005, 2:56 PM
Post #1 of 5 (475 views)
Shortcut
editing Can't Post

What program out there for the PC is as close as you can get to the imac's Imovie. I use vegas right now but want to know if there is any easier one that is as close as fast out there like the imacs imovie because i use that alot at the DZ. Is Pinnacle Studio 9 close to imovie or something else. I would like something easy and fast to use like imovie is and with the quality of imovie....

(This post was edited by aerialcameraman on Feb 14, 2005, 7:07 PM)

Premier quade  (D 22635)
Feb 15, 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #2 of 5 (399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aerialcameraman] editing [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you considered the free AVID product?

http://avid.com/freedv/index.asp

aerialcameraman  (D 27629)

Feb 15, 2005, 4:13 PM
Post #3 of 5 (365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quade] editing [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that program really close to Imovie. And is there anything wrong with Pinnacle Studio 9.

superstu  (D License)

Feb 15, 2005, 4:19 PM
Post #4 of 5 (362 views)
Shortcut

i use premier pro

br0k3n  (D 3822)

Feb 16, 2005, 4:59 PM
Post #5 of 5 (318 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
What program out there for the PC is as close as you can get to the imac's Imovie. I use vegas right now but want to know if there is any easier one that is as close as fast out there like the imacs imovie because i use that alot at the DZ. Is Pinnacle Studio 9 close to imovie or something else. I would like something easy and fast to use like imovie is and with the quality of imovie....

Similiar to iMovie would be Windows Movie Maker on PCs. Or you can do a bit more with widely-distributed Windows consumer products like Pinnacle Studio, Roxio VideoWave, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, and Ulead VideoStudio

Having never used iMovie Im not really sure.. however iMovie does use the old A/B timeline editing method which is still used in Uleads Video studio, which is a fairly easy product to get to grips with and begin editing and will give more freedom the WMM..

Premiere Pro is a great program but aimed a pro-sumers and is alot more advanced then the consumer products, however with a litte time and effort you can teach yourself the basics with it. However Premiere Pro supports only single-track editing, with clips and transitions overlapping in each track on the timeline. This can be a significant change for some users, but supports a more efficient workflow.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)