Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Difference between IAF and AFF training

phrog12  (A 41963)

May 6, 2001, 9:37 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1677 views)
Shortcut
Difference between IAF and AFF training Can't Post

I have just about completed my ASP training at Skydive,AZ. I have progressed on to the solo jumps. I will not have time to complete them before I have to move to Fla. There I will be jumping at either Emerald Coast or Crestview DZs. They use IAF not ASP or AFF method to teach there students. My question is when I move will this effect my jumping? Will I have to repeat any jumps, or will I continue from were I am now? And what is the difference between IAF and AFF?

Dutchboy  (A 37004)

May 6, 2001, 5:49 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1653 views)
Shortcut
Re: Difference between IAF and AFF training [In reply to] Can't Post

IAF is what people do after they have completed a tandem progression. AFF is what people do who don't do the tandem progression. At least at my DZ there are 4 IAF levels (IAF5-IAF8) that follow four tandem levels (T1-T4). For the most part IAF5 is the same as AFF4, etc. They may mix some of the target learning objectives up at the later levels.

I wouldn't worry too much about switching from one to the other. If you are doing ASP shouldn't be too different.

miked10270  (D 10270)

May 7, 2001, 10:50 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1626 views)
Shortcut
Re: Difference between IAF and AFF training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Phrog,

If you don't have your "A" License, then take along your logbook & any video you have.

"Expect" to do a L7 dive (the half series qualifying dive) with a Left 360, Right 360, backloop, track & track turn. Also possibly a "clear & pull". these should be sufficient to prove to the S&TA that you do have the basic survival skills to work towards your "A".

Mike D10270.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)