Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
Need some advice on mounting a d-box

aerialcameraman  (D 27629)

Jan 14, 2005, 7:52 AM
Post #1 of 11 (454 views)
Shortcut
Need some advice on mounting a d-box Can't Post

Hey I got a pc-109 and a d-box for the top of my flat-top pro but I need some help. What is the best why do mount it? Did you run only one screw throught the d-box and the helment or two so it will not turn on top of the helment. Also did you run the screw from inside the d-box down and nut it inside the helment or did you run the screw from inside the helment to inside the d-box. Please help perferable from some one with this type of setup already. Lew help a friend from Richmond.

THANKS

(This post was edited by aerialcameraman on Jan 14, 2005, 7:53 AM)

YahooLV  (D License)

Jan 14, 2005, 7:56 AM
Post #2 of 11 (434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aerialcameraman] Need some advice on mounting a d-box [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd put at least 4 screws in from the bottom.

I have that setup in my helmet and it works great.

Also, use some clear nail polish around the hole openings to stop any fraying of the carbon fiber.
The stuff raises havoc with electronics.

Luck.

Curt

Jan 14, 2005, 8:49 AM
Post #3 of 11 (425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YahooLV] Need some advice on mounting a d-box [In reply to] Can't Post

Putting screws in from the bottom of your helment does not scratch up the camera

AndyMan  (D 25698)

Jan 14, 2005, 9:06 AM
Post #4 of 11 (419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aerialcameraman] Need some advice on mounting a d-box [In reply to] Can't Post

I used the 3 screws that came with the Bonehead d-box.

I ran the screws up from inside the FTP, and put the bolts inside the dbox. Use small bolts and the foam will compress around them. Or, use the funny counter-sunk bolts (whose name escapes me) that came with your d-box.

_Am

DaGimp  (D 26522)

Jan 14, 2005, 9:16 AM
Post #5 of 11 (417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyMan] Need some advice on mounting a d-box [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont use a D-box

kosanke  (D 23716)

Jan 14, 2005, 9:53 AM
Post #6 of 11 (409 views)
Shortcut

have you thought about putting a goldmember bracket to the top mount. that way if you wanted to switch out or remove the box, you could. just a thought.

Jan 14, 2005, 9:54 AM
Post #7 of 11 (408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyMan] Need some advice on mounting a d-box [In reply to] Can't Post

are you talking about the ones that are in the side of the d-box. DId your d-box come with the foam on the bottom all ready in place, because mine did. Plus i already have holes drilled from the other camera and hope to use those so i don't have to drill out more.

Jan 14, 2005, 9:57 AM
Post #8 of 11 (406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kosanke] Need some advice on mounting a d-box [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that what you did. I have some worries about that due to it already sit's the camera up high and putting a quick release under it would sit it up higher.

YahooLV  (D License)

Jan 14, 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #9 of 11 (399 views)
Shortcut

No, because you will use flat "inverted" nuts on them.

The bolts are flat in the camera area, and the actual bolt section goes down into the helmet. Give Bonehead a call today. They will send you some.

Curt

kosanke  (D 23716)

Jan 14, 2005, 10:09 AM
Post #10 of 11 (397 views)
Shortcut

no. i have an optic. i side mounted the dbox and will put a bracket like the goldmember on the top as soon as i see one in use and can compare how high my canon would be. hope this helps. good luck.

AndyMan  (D 25698)

Jan 14, 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #11 of 11 (382 views)
Shortcut

Yes, i'm talking about the ones that are in the side of the d-box. Since you're mounting on a flat-top-pro, they're no longer usefull, so drill 3 new holes in the bottom and relocate.

Yes, my dbox has foam preinstalled in the bottom. just drill through it.

_Am

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)