Forums: Archive: 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections:
`Joel Mullins running for write-in slot as National Director.

abra7777

Nov 18, 2004, 7:17 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1046 views)
Shortcut
`Joel Mullins running for write-in slot as National Director. Can't Post

Joel Mullins
Cordova, Tennessee

National Director Write-in Candidate

Professional Skydiver.

Years Skydiving: 6.

Total Skydives: 3200.

Jumps past 6 months: 500.

Licenses and Ratings: D-26743, AFF I, Tandem Master, Commercial Multi-Engine Instrument Rated Pilot.

“My goal is to do the best I can for all jumpers from those who only make it out to the DZ once a month to the weekend warriors to the full time professional 24/7 skydiver. One of my intentions is to bring awareness to the sport at a younger age. USPA has a mandatory age limit for skydivers, yet the FAA doesn’t. This age limit is non-negotiable even though many skydivers have proven that there are exceptions, one such example is Drop Zone kids, they grew up around the sport, and they know more about it than most adults do when they try to get into the sport yet they are banned from participating with the USPA until they are 16.
There is another way – make the age limit a recommendation not a ironfisted cutoff, individual Drop Zones can be the ones responsible in making the decision as to the age limit of their jumpers, some DZs already have a higher age limit than the USPA proving that they can make the decisions necessary for skydivers and the sport of skydiving.
This is not my only concern with the USPA however it is the best one I can relate with and explain to you that I know what I want to be done – that I can make a plan that can be executed. I may have only been skydiving for six years but I am a second generation skydiver and have been around this sport my entire life, I am a good candidate for USPA’s National Board of Directors. I am asking that you write me in on your ballot when you vote for this election’s National Directors.

Sincerely,
Joel Mullins”

diverdriver  (D 19012)

Nov 19, 2004, 6:04 PM
Post #2 of 6 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abra7777] `Joel Mullins running for write-in slot as National Director. [In reply to] Can't Post

A waiver signed by someone less than 18 is worthless. Pushing for people younger than 18 to be allowed to jump is a bad policy even if the USPA SIM says age 16 is the limit.

My opinion.

Premier quade  (D 22635)
Nov 19, 2004, 7:25 PM
Post #3 of 6 (960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abra7777] `Joel Mullins running for write-in slot as National Director. [In reply to] Can't Post

What stopped you from running in the normal manner?

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Nov 22, 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #4 of 6 (884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quade] `Joel Mullins running for write-in slot as National Director. [In reply to] Can't Post

What I said in the Jeff Mullins thread...

Blue Skies
Billy

abra7777

Nov 23, 2004, 2:12 PM
Post #5 of 6 (840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quade] `Joel Mullins running for write-in slot as National Director. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
What stopped you from running in the normal manner?
Quote:

Did not run in the normal manner because the idea to run came after the chance to meet the requirements to be put on the ballot. While I realize that this was a mistake that will make it much harder to get elected I am still trying, which should show you that when I want to get something done I go for it even when mistakes have been made and bigger obstacles are in my path.

diverdriver  (D 19012)

Nov 25, 2004, 7:49 AM
Post #6 of 6 (801 views)
Shortcut

Joel, (and also to your brother)

I'd like to hear more thoughts on current issues facing USPA. Since I have never met either one of you and have not seen you post much on these forums before I'd like a chance to get to know you all better before voting.

Yes, I do have a concern about voting in 3 members of the same family. It's a concern and not a show stopper.

What things do you agree with your father on?

What things do you disagree with your father on? (It doesn't have to be all black and white...shades of grey are good too.)

I want to see what you are thinking and how you arrived at those conclusions.

Forums : Archive : 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)