Forums: Archive: 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections:
Larry Pennington Mid- Atlantic write in

larrypen  (D 9590)

Oct 26, 2004, 3:44 PM
Post #1 of 3 (741 views)
Shortcut
Larry Pennington Mid- Atlantic write in Can't Post

As most of you know I had collected signatures to get on the ballot for Mid-Atlantic Director. Believe it or not I was 27 short. ( As I was told and I believe them) I am going as a write in candidate. Below is the reason I believe I have earned your vote. No matter who you vote for ( as long as its me ) GO VOTE.. Show USPA we do care....

This is my 25th year of Skydiving... Skydiving has been a major part of my adult life. I have been very blessed with being able to teach many first time jumpers and watch some grow to become instructors themselves and some have become world class skydivers. I have also been part of several world records and was part of the President Bush jump. Those of you, who know me, know I do what I say, and I say what I do. Trying to lead by example (Given my past that's not always easy, but I try) is how I live my life. One of the most recent things was to attempt to have skydiving classified as an inherent risk sport in the state of Virginia, to use this as a national platform to reduce liability exposure to the coaches, instructors, and yes, also the DZO'S. Hopefully, with USPA's help, and your support, we will complete this mission. I am first and for most a skydiver and with your support continue to watch after our best interest.

Larry Pennington
Skydive Suffolk Inc.
"Teach by the way you Live"
www.skydivesuffolk.com

Premier quade  (D 22635)
Oct 26, 2004, 7:21 PM
Post #2 of 3 (706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [larrypen] Larry Pennington Mid- Atlantic write in [In reply to] Can't Post

Does legally defining skydiving as an "inherent risk sport" also mean that health insurance companies would no longer provide coverage for injuries resulting from skydiving?

I'd hate to have a legal decision for the benefit of a few at a cost of all.

(This post was edited by quade on Oct 26, 2004, 7:22 PM)

airtwardo  (D License)

Oct 26, 2004, 8:48 PM
Post #3 of 3 (694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quade] Larry Pennington Mid- Atlantic write in [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Does legally defining skydiving as an "inherent risk sport" also mean that health insurance companies would no longer provide coverage for injuries resulting from skydiving?

I'd hate to have a legal decision for the benefit of a few at a cost of all.

Quote:

Wow...!

Great point!!

I never thought of that consequence.

A while back I was listening to Glen Bangs talk
about how close the vote was last time, and how
it would quite possibly go through during the next
meeting of the legislature.

He was informing us all about the process, and
answering questions clearly and straight forward.
(as always)

I wish I would have thought to ask about that
and similar repercussions nationwide and to all of us.

Food for thought.

Forums : Archive : 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)