Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-)

Spudmuffin  (Student)

Oct 10, 2004, 12:32 PM
Post #1 of 11 (1054 views)
Shortcut
A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) Can't Post

I'm a newbie who has really been wanting to work on my arch so it becomes second nature. (I suddenly have so many new things to learn....AAAGGGHHH!!!) Wink

I went out to our hot tub this morning to relax after a rather frustrating second jump yesterday, and while I was out there decided to try something...practicing my arch in the hot tub! I turned all the jets and air injectors on high to create a bit of "turbulence" Tongue, grasped one side and got my upper half into the boxman position, bent my knees back and out, and let my middle relax and sink into the center. You know what...I think it was pretty close! The fact that you want to keep your head above water makes you keep your chin up and your "eyes on the horizon." Smile

I realize this is a poor alternative to a wind tunnel, but when your like me and don't live anywhere near one, a hot tub may help you get a nice relaxed arch.

Malta_Dog

Oct 10, 2004, 1:47 PM
Post #2 of 11 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Spudmuffin] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Mmmmmh...it would be even better to try this with 2 cute female AFF instructors Tongue

mattjw916  (D License)

Oct 10, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #3 of 11 (965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Spudmuffin] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I like to stretch my back in the jacuzzi... preferrably with assistance... Wink

Just don't pick up any bad habits by practicing incorrectly, that is, unless you have someone inspecting your "body position" under water. Tongue

skyhighkiy  (B License)

Oct 10, 2004, 6:29 PM
Post #4 of 11 (943 views)
Shortcut

I did that a bunch in a swimming pool...but I sink so I had a couple seconds before getting to the bottom and smashing my nads on the tile, made for a good sat. night Laugh

Evelyn  (C License)

Oct 11, 2004, 1:06 AM
Post #5 of 11 (867 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I did the same thing, practiced in the pool hoping to simulate what I was doing in the air, and it worked to an extent, but if you can do some tunnel time that will help more.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Oct 11, 2004, 7:29 AM
Post #6 of 11 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Evelyn] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Try laying face-down in a hammock

repeter  (B 26650)

Oct 11, 2004, 8:20 AM
Post #7 of 11 (758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyhighkiy] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

haha fatty.. you sink Tongue

skyhighkiy  (B License)

Oct 11, 2004, 9:03 AM
Post #8 of 11 (737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [repeter] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate you so very very much Smile get ure ass back to michigan and do the nekkid jump on the 31st!

but yeah, lets not hi- jack this thread

Spudmuffin  (Student)

Oct 11, 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #9 of 11 (691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Great idea! I've put mine away for the summer, but I think I'll get it back out and give it a go! Smile

WILDBILLAQR  (D 29042)

Oct 11, 2004, 1:15 PM
Post #10 of 11 (671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Evelyn] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

The pools not bad, just make certain when your working on your track by diving in, that you clear the shallow end befor you hit the bottomPirate
Trust me on this one!

Squeak  (E 1313)

Oct 11, 2004, 8:06 PM
Post #11 of 11 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [repeter] A poor alternative to wind tunnels! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
haha fatty.. you sink Tongue
Psst Fat floats on waterWink
Fatties tend to float not sink, lean skinny buggers sink like rocks, uumm like meLaughLaugh

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)