Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Anyone know about the new PA canopies???

SkySlut  (D License)

Apr 24, 2001, 8:56 AM
Post #1 of 4 (808 views)
Shortcut
Anyone know about the new PA canopies??? Can't Post

I was reading in this months Parachutist about the new canopies that PA are supposed to be releasing. Has anyone heard any further information on these? PA is supposed to be having some new press releases towards the end of April. They have a canopy that is supposed to he considered "ultra-elliptical" and a few other canopies. Sounds interesting.

-Slut

"I'll jump anything!"

ramon  (D 26115)

Apr 24, 2001, 9:35 AM
Post #2 of 4 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: Anyone know about the new PA canopies??? [In reply to] Can't Post

One weird coincidence. Precision was going to manufacture Brian Germain's canopies to help him keep up with demand( Samurai, etc), but Brian told me Precision decided not to do that.

Who knows, but they still have Brian's designs on computer
Wink

bloo ones
ramon

SkySlut  (D License)

Apr 24, 2001, 10:31 AM
Post #3 of 4 (777 views)
Shortcut

The descriptions of these canopies are "two new crossbraced ultra-ellipticals, two different nine-cell cell ellipticals, as well as a new reserve canopy."

Interesting...

-Slut

"I'll jump anything!"

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Apr 27, 2001, 3:56 PM
Post #4 of 4 (668 views)
Shortcut

Since George was one of the chairmen on the Icarus Project, my guess is that his mains are going to be very "VX-like" which should be interesting. I used to own a VX-74 and liked it quite well, but could not see keeping it as my "primary" main due to it's excessive ground-hungriness. I wonder who has been testing them?

Chuck

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)