Forums: Archive: 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections:
Mike Turoff withdraws from the election

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Sep 28, 2004, 7:40 AM
Post #1 of 8 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Mike Turoff withdraws from the election Can't Post

Despite having thought I submitted more than enough signatures and thinking that I had verified them against the USPA database properly, and even after re-checking the Group Membership database available to me on line this week, USPA's HQ has found that there were too many invalid (out of date memberships) signatures on my nomination petitions to qualify me for being placed on the ballot.

I therefore withdraw my name for candidacy from the Gulf Region ballot position. I will not pursue a write-in candidacy because of my intent to support Todd Spillers in his candidacy. I know nothing of the other candidate who did not bother to post anything that I could discover.

I urge all those that would have voted for me to vote for Todd Spillers for the write-in position in the Gulf Region of the USPA's BOD.

Thank you all that tried to help me.

(This post was edited by MikeTJumps on Sep 28, 2004, 7:43 AM)

wmw999  (D 6296)

Sep 28, 2004, 7:53 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] Mike Turoff withdraws from the election [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry it went like this. Todd will work hard if he's elected, as you would have too.

Wendy W.

obsequious  (B License)

Sep 28, 2004, 10:27 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] Mike Turoff withdraws from the election [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly wish it had turned out differently. I'm sorry for your disappointment!

Todd Spillers has my support, as well, now. I respect him for running a good campaign. He has a positive and respectful demeanor, has communicated many good ideas, and will make a good Gulf Regional Director. I know that he has a competitor for the position, however, it is hard to fathom Todd Spillers losing the election at the present time!

Lana Dorman

aliveboy2004  (D License)

Sep 28, 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1541 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear it.

Was that Wanker guy by any chance on the name verification committee??

AggieDave  (D License)

Sep 28, 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aliveboy2004] Mike Turoff withdraws from the election [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Was that Wanker guy by any chance on the name verification committee??

Thats a VERY serious allegation. Unsure

I honestly doubt there has been any wrong doing on the part of the USPA and their committees.

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Sep 28, 2004, 3:05 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aliveboy2004] Mike Turoff withdraws from the election [In reply to] Can't Post

No, Chris is merely a candidate that did have enough signatures in his region for the placement of his name on the ballot.

Thank you for your concern.

Mike

tspillers  (D 21601)

Sep 28, 2004, 6:27 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1482 views)
Shortcut

I am sorry to see it work out this way, but I do thank you for the support. I have been reserving my posts awaiting the answers to what happened. Mike PM me if there is more to the story.

Yes I will put in the work and I would imagine Mike will continue doing what he has done, unless he is tired of the uphill battle.

I would still ask the everyone please vote for someone.

Todd

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Sep 28, 2004, 6:34 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tspillers] Mike Turoff withdraws from the election [In reply to] Can't Post

Todd.....
That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I had too many invalid signatures....members who were not current according to the official database which I did not have access to.

You will win. You will do good, and you will spend about $2,000 to $3,000 in the performance of your job as conference director. I'll pay some bills with what I'll save.

Tongue

Forums : Archive : 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)