Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
1996 Infinity FF friendly?

Praetorian  (B 27234)

Sep 27, 2004, 8:46 AM
Post #1 of 4 (647 views)
Shortcut
1996 Infinity FF friendly? Can't Post

OK, it was ROL but converted to BOC, I've been free flying in it (ok its more like free flail when I do it) there is about 1 to 1.5 inchs of exposed bridle between the container and the BOC pouch (I'm getting this fixed this winter) other then the bridle are there any issues with this containter I should be aware of as far as freefly goes? also to the riggers out there how hard will it be to have a bridle cover put in to protect the path from container to pouch? it seems like a simple modification but some part of my mind is screaming that it could be a nice place for a bridle to get cought and give me a pilot it tow... ok I'm paranoid

Premier Tonto  (D 515)
Sep 28, 2004, 3:41 AM
Post #2 of 4 (570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Praetorian] 1996 Infinity FF friendly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Freefly freindly?

Lets have a look..

Doing the mod to cover the bridal between BOC and container is an easy job. Get it done.

What are the pin covers like?
Do they close down or up?
Can you lift the container off the ground by the reserve flap using thumb and forefinger without it opening?
Is there any velcro, like on the riser covers?
If so, is it new - or in excellent condition?
If the riser covers are open, are the brake toggles exposed?

t

KellyF  (D 13826)

Sep 28, 2004, 7:56 AM
Post #3 of 4 (546 views)
Shortcut

The early Infinity's were hit and miss as far as being Free Fly friendly. I know several people that have had good success with them, and others that would have issues doing RW. I think the best answer is to look at your own rig and how securely the flaps close.

Make sure you stow your risers tight enough that they aren't free to flop around if the riser cover comes open, but not so tight that they pull the riser cover open when you put the rig on. If the bridle is stowed tightly also, having an inch or so of exposed bridle isn't a HUGE deal, but as mentioned before, a cover is a pretty easy fix.Smile

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Sep 30, 2004, 3:49 PM
Post #4 of 4 (489 views)
Shortcut

I'm not sure if there are any differences in the design between a 1996 model and a December 1997 or January 1998 model (I'd have to check my rig), but mine is sized for a 120 reserve and 120 main. It has the pin flap cover with two tuck tabs that secures snugly under the side flaps. I tuck the bridle under the side flap all the way to the corner, and make sure it's taut and snug from there to the BOC. Never been a problem. I don't freefly much at all, but when I was, everything stayed put when they needed to be.

Blue Skies
Billy

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)