Forums: Dropzone.com: Suggestions and Feedback:
ignore user option?

Nightingale  (B 26984)

Aug 3, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #1 of 7 (859 views)
Shortcut
ignore user option? Quote | Reply

is it possible to ignore a user so their posts don't even show up when you're logged in? I know you can block PMs, but I'm not sure if you can block regular messages.

AggieDave  (D License)

Aug 3, 2004, 4:57 PM
Post #2 of 7 (838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nightingale] ignore user option? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Nope. Unfortunately (and fortunately) there's not a kill file for posting.

I know there are quite a few folks I would put in my kill file and I'm more then sure quite a few folks would have me in theirs. Basically it would get to the point where you wouldn't be able to keep up with the life of a thread due to the blank spots.

chaoskitty  (B 26574)

Aug 4, 2004, 9:56 AM
Post #3 of 7 (806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] ignore user option? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Ok then how about an 'ignore thread' option? Once you've browsed it and decided you aren't interested in who is spanking who's ass.. click ignore and it disappears...

Or I can just continue to ignore it myself.. either way! Blush

Fast  (D 28237)

Aug 19, 2004, 7:21 AM
Post #4 of 7 (722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaoskitty] ignore user option? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Some other forums do it where you put a person on your ignore list and when they have a post in a thread your reading it shows up with something like:

"You have choosen to ignore this persons post, if you wish to read it click here"

So you can see that they posted and it helps keep thread continuity but you don't have to read what they write. I know some people on other forums who do this because they have a hard time not responding to specific users flames. They just ignored them so it doesn't get read. Out of sight out of mind.

kelel01  (A License)

Sep 20, 2005, 7:49 PM
Post #5 of 7 (640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nightingale] ignore user option? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I would really LOVE to have this option. There's one poster who seems to get off on antagonizing me, and it would be much better for my sanity if I could not see his posts. Crazy

prepheckt  (A 38782)

Sep 21, 2005, 5:05 AM
Post #6 of 7 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelel01] ignore user option? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
I would really LOVE to have this option. There's one poster who seems to get off on antagonizing me, and it would be much better for my sanity if I could not see his posts. Crazy

I say we take him out back and beat the shit out of him Smile
But wouldn't that make threads disjointed if you can't read what someone said?

skinnyshrek  (D 25109)

Sep 22, 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #7 of 7 (591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prepheckt] ignore user option? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I know the poster she is on about. I can give you his cell number to schedule a time to beat him up...Good Luck...lol

Forums : Dropzone.com : Suggestions and Feedback

Search for (options)