Forums: Archive: 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections:
A Proxy that will never fly with USPA members

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Jul 25, 2004, 6:58 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1214 views)
Shortcut
A Proxy that will never fly with USPA members Can't Post

The following is a direct quote of the AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) PROXY on the AOPA's membership envelope. Something like it will never be acceptable to the USPA's membership.

"The undersigned hereby appoints Paul C. Heintz, William C. Trimble, III, and H. Neel Hipp, or any two of them, as my agent and proxy to vote for me at any meeting of members of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association upon any business to come before the meeting. This proxy is valid for up to eighteen (18) months unless sooner revoked."

Mike Turoff

jlmiracle  (D License)

Jul 26, 2004, 7:48 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] A Proxy that will never fly with USPA members [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
The following is a direct quote of the AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) PROXY on the AOPA's membership envelope. Something like it will never be acceptable to the USPA's membership.

"The undersigned hereby appoints Paul C. Heintz, William C. Trimble, III, and H. Neel Hipp, or any two of them, as my agent and proxy to vote for me at any meeting of members of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association upon any business to come before the meeting. This proxy is valid for up to eighteen (18) months unless sooner revoked."

Mike Turoff

Why not?

Some of us would like to see some changes, I know who I would appoint.

Judy

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Jul 26, 2004, 3:53 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jlmiracle] A Proxy that will never fly with USPA members [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite a simple answer. When the proxy was not even slightly specific, the membership refused to support it. Something about TRUST that just doesn't exist.

Now if we could only change peoples' minds, we'd be better off, but I think the first step will be a very specific proxy with only two or three issues to be voted on and a check box for how the people want the vote to go.

Mike Turoff

buzzfink  (D 13652)

Jul 26, 2004, 5:24 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] A Proxy that will never fly with USPA members [In reply to] Can't Post

I still think a specific proxy would work. It could be added to every renewal form or return envelope. This would let the jumper know specifically what is going to be done.

Buzz

Scrumpot  (D License)

Aug 4, 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buzzfink] A Proxy that will never fly with USPA members [In reply to] Can't Post

Proxies are STILL able to be done by any member, TO any valid member, specific or not, at any time as any member desires or deems appropriate. The issue is not necessarily proxies themselves, as it is the perception of the motivation behind the "proxy drive".

I would encourage any and EVERY member who can not attend a membership meeting themselves to provide their proxy to someone (ANYONE, and NOT just the BOD) who can! ...If this were done, then a quorum could be met, and effective votes could indeed take place. So then, the real question is how do we then make this happen?

Forums : Archive : 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)