Forums: Archive: 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections:
group member program

bodypilot90  (D 24249)

Jul 21, 2004, 5:35 PM
Post #1 of 10 (732 views)
Shortcut
group member program Can't Post

If the group member program is not paying it's way, and at a time when the uspa is not rolling in money, has the time come to eliminate it?

What do you think of a group member dz excluding uspa members for no other reason than they didn't learn to skydive at that DZ?

tspillers  (D 21601)

Jul 21, 2004, 6:30 PM
Post #2 of 10 (711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bodypilot90] group member program [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to see more on the GM program and think we should work on how to make it pay for itself. Need more facts... Doing away with it is difficult because many Airports and insurance require it now.

I beleive your second issue has been discussed already. Personally, I feel that as a business a civiallian DZ could deal with this financial regardless of USPA. They just make lift tickets $50 to 10k for example.

Todd

koz2000  (D License)

Jul 21, 2004, 7:45 PM
Post #3 of 10 (696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tspillers] group member program [In reply to] Can't Post

Or they could raise the price to $50 to 10K and then the money goes to the USPA...Tongue

tspillers  (D 21601)

Jul 21, 2004, 8:43 PM
Post #4 of 10 (684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koz2000] group member program [In reply to] Can't Post

To further explain:

When someone opens a DZ, one thing they have to decide is do they want a 'tandem factory', a destination dz, or something in between. If they decide they don't want fun jumpers, then price is one way to do that. There are many drop zones that cater to fun jumpers and many that would prefer not to have any. If we (USPA) decide to make them by the GM program allow fun jumpers, then price is a way they can control that.

Does this make sense?

Todd

koz2000  (D License)

Jul 22, 2004, 4:56 AM
Post #5 of 10 (662 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I was more or less just playing around.

Blue ones,
D

chriswelker  (D 19678)

Jul 22, 2004, 5:58 AM
Post #6 of 10 (654 views)
Shortcut

Well how about raising the dues paid by the GM's,just like USPA does to the regular members.
In reply to:
I would like to see more on the GM program and think we should work on how to make it pay for itself. Need more facts...

tspillers  (D 21601)

Jul 22, 2004, 7:14 AM
Post #7 of 10 (643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koz2000] group member program [In reply to] Can't Post

I had just reread my first post and I wasn't sure I was communicating my thoughts as to why that may not be the most important issue and even if we choose to do something, the end result may not be what people were looking for.

I would rather see them raise the rates and donate the money to the Todd Spillers Retirement Fund Tongue

bodypilot90  (D 24249)

Jul 23, 2004, 1:11 PM
Post #8 of 10 (580 views)
Shortcut

well my point is if the dz is a group member and the group member program is not self sustaining and Joe and Jane fun jumpers dues go to off set the short fall then I have a real problem with not being able to jump at a dz that we are funding.

tspillers  (D 21601)

Jul 23, 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #9 of 10 (564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bodypilot90] group member program [In reply to] Can't Post

Great point.

USPA can't and shouldn't regulate pricing though. So if there were a rule made the DZ's that didn't want fun jumpers could just price it so very few people would spend the money to make even 1 jump there.

I think the GM program needs to be looked into. One solution would be to start a group associated with USPA that is for the GM's/DZ's that did represtent them. Maybe a volunteer group of DZO's to minimize cost. Just a thought.

Todd

bodypilot90  (D 24249)

Jul 25, 2004, 10:04 AM
Post #10 of 10 (546 views)
Shortcut

there is a dz in the keys I think charges $75 a jump. OFF topic.......But I tell you after jumping the keys boogie, it just might be worth it if that is your only chance.

Forums : Archive : 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)