Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
who makes the largest full face helmet??

377  (F 666)

Mar 29, 2004, 2:42 PM
Post #1 of 9 (857 views)
Shortcut
who makes the largest full face helmet?? Can't Post

I have a large head and couldnt fit into the largest Oxygen helmet. Who makes an xxxl full face?

diablopilot  (D License)

Mar 29, 2004, 2:45 PM
Post #2 of 9 (831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] who makes the largest full face helmet?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Paratec FreeZR. Fits all the large melon heads!

Clownburner  (B 26842)

Mar 29, 2004, 4:12 PM
Post #3 of 9 (807 views)
Shortcut

Also, the Bonehead Havok XXL should fit anyone up to and including hydrocephalic elephants. Wink

sdctlc  (D 16437)

Mar 29, 2004, 4:23 PM
Post #4 of 9 (800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Clownburner] who makes the largest full face helmet?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Also, the Bonehead Havok XXL should fit anyone up to and including hydrocephalic elephants. Wink

I have to agree.. I have a XL.5 Oxygen and thought it was a big helmet but a guy showed me his Havok XXL or some shit like that. It was huge!! He tried on my helmet and it would have been like putting a M or a tight L on my head... Dude has a big mellon...

Anyway, try out the Havok XXL... it is for ya big mellon people....

Scott C.

Premier slotperfect  (D 13014)

Mar 29, 2004, 4:27 PM
Post #5 of 9 (798 views)
Shortcut

For the record, I have a huge noggin. My hat size is 7 3/4 and I have a hard time getting any head gear to fit properly.

Just to get it out of the way, my favorite big head joke is:

"My head is so big that when I was little, clowns were scared of me!" Wink

Now, about that helmet . . .

I have had two Factory Divers custom made for me, XXL/L (translated: extra extra large/long). They basically took the XXL pattern and added a strip side to side, making it longer.

I ordered it through Sky Cat Equipment You can use my name when you order if you want, that might help! Try an off-the-shelf XXL Factory Diver first.

Hope this helps!

BPO  (D 87411)

Mar 30, 2004, 12:42 AM
Post #6 of 9 (734 views)
Shortcut

Have to agree with DiabloPilot here: Paratec FreeZR is made in stupendous large sizes Wink . I usually need an XL, so I tried the FreeZR XL and it was far too large and they have a size XXL as well.

Mainly made for ROUND heads by the way.

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Mar 30, 2004, 5:23 AM
Post #7 of 9 (707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] who makes the largest full face helmet?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Another option is the incredibly freaky-looking BoneHead Boomerang. NightJumper (Big Mike Forsythe from JumpShack) has one of the biggest damn heads I have ever seen and he loves his. Says "it's the only thing that will fit my cow head."

rushmc  (No License)

Mar 30, 2004, 6:58 AM
Post #8 of 9 (691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] who makes the largest full face helmet?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same head size. When we called Bone Head and gave them the measurement and she asked to measure it again. They said they had only one helmet that size they had made before. They made it and it fits!

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Mar 30, 2004, 7:05 AM
Post #9 of 9 (686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rushmc] who makes the largest full face helmet?? [In reply to] Can't Post

When he fitted me for my camera helmet, Larry Sanchez - at Bonehead Composites - said that I had the second largest jaw he had ever seen.
It will not fit inside 90% of the full-face helmets.
Fortunately it does fit gracefully into my new Bonehead HAVOK, carbon fiber finish and all!
Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)