New to Dropzone.com? Read this first.

Premier sangiro
Head Honcho
Mar 28, 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #1 of 9 (25301 views)
Shortcut
New to Dropzone.com? Read this first. Can't Post

Hey there!

Welcome to Dropzone.com. Glad you found us and hope you'll have a great time, learn a lot and make a load of new friends. Dropzone.com is a rather large community (more than 31,000 members) and as with any other community it has developed it's own character, rules and etiquette. Some of these are by design (meaning: I'm pushing it in that direction!) and some are less deliberate. It's a good idea to understand some of the nuances and continue to be sensitive to them as you navigate this world.

Here are a few posts or notes you should read before you jump in. Take the time, it will help you a lot.

Read the Forum Rules!

There are only 4 rules and some further guidelines. We enforce these so there's no point in making a post that breaks one. It will simply be removed. Take some time to look at the etiquette and "good ideas" as well. Those are not rules but they are the things that can make your stay here really pleasant or not. The link to the rules can be found in the top navigation bar on the right.

Read the Forum FAQs

Most of the questions you will have about how to use the Dropzone.com forums (the software) has already been answered. Check the FAQs first before you ask. Questions about "adding and icon or avatar" or "changing my username" or "changing my status" are all answered here. You can search the FAQs as well. The link to the FAQs are in the top blue navigation bar on the right.

Read the Announcements Forum

This will help you understand a lot of policy shifts and features. Remember to come back to this forum from time to time. In fact, I suggest you subscribe to it. (Check the FAQs on how to subscribe to a forum) Topics like, "signature guidelines", "animated avatars / user icons" and "multiple accounts" have all been dealt with in this forum.

Search the Suggestions and Feedback and Errors and Bug Report forums

If you can't find an answer in the FAQs, search the Suggestions and Feedback and Errors and Bug Report forums. With more than 25,000 people and years of posting your question has most likely already been asked and answered. This is where you'll find the answer. You can search any specific forum from the footer of that forum or by going to the Search Posts link in the top blue navigation bar. If you still can't find the answer, then make a post to one of those forums rather then sending an email. That way others can learn from the question as well.

Please Update your Profile

This will help people get to know you and establish your credibility on the forums. You can update your profile by clicking on the "Edit Profile" link in the top blue navigation bar, on the left.

And finally, remember, these are moderated forums. The moderators are volunteers and are spending a lot of time helping to keep this a fun and inviting place for all to visit. Be nice to them! That's all for now. Have fun and again, welcome! Smile

(This post was edited by Meso on Sep 18, 2012, 12:09 AM)

amber850

Feb 1, 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #2 of 9 (13940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] New to Dropzone.com? Read this first. [In reply to] Can't Post

very nice post

SkdTemple  (D 6860)

Jan 16, 2014, 3:35 PM
Post #3 of 9 (11155 views)
Shortcut

Is there some way you can post an outline for classified sales? I am amazed at all the people who want to sell a jumpsuit(example) and yet do not mention SIZE, colors, or anything pertinent about the item. Many have parachutes for sale, yet all they say is, "It's an awesome canopy"! What the h*** kind of parachute is it? Just a thought, it may help a seller and a buyer!!

treehugger1978

Feb 4, 2014, 4:58 AM
Post #4 of 9 (10198 views)
Shortcut

how do i post something?

turtlespeed

Feb 4, 2014, 5:20 PM
Post #5 of 9 (10095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [treehugger1978] New to Dropzone.com? Read this first. [In reply to] Can't Post

treehugger1978 wrote:
how do i post something?

We don't actually post here. It's strictly a read only website.Crazy

Boogers

Feb 5, 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #6 of 9 (10058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [treehugger1978] New to Dropzone.com? Read this first. [In reply to] Can't Post

treehugger1978 wrote:
how do i post something?

What "something" are you referring to? A message? A want ad? Gear for sale? A new dropzone? Photos? Articles? A boogie event?

turtlespeed

Feb 6, 2014, 5:25 PM
Post #7 of 9 (9954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Boogers] New to Dropzone.com? Read this first. [In reply to] Can't Post

Boogers wrote:
treehugger1978 wrote:
how do i post something?

What "something" are you referring to? A message? A want ad? Gear for sale? A new dropzone? Photos? Articles? A boogie event?

You realize he posted something with his "How Do I Post Smething" Post?

Boogers

Feb 7, 2014, 6:21 AM
Post #8 of 9 (9893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [turtlespeed] New to Dropzone.com? Read this first. [In reply to] Can't Post

turtlespeed wrote:
Boogers wrote:
treehugger1978 wrote:
how do i post something?

You realize he posted something with his "How Do I Post Smething" Post?

Reminds me of something I once saw in a technical manual.

It was standard practice when you had a blank page to put on it: "This page intentionally left blank", to let readers know that it wasn't a publishing error with something omitted. So some bored tech writer started putting in: "This page would have been intentionally left blank, if not for this very message which renders it non-blank." Sly

oldwomanc6

Mar 16, 2014, 9:24 PM
Post #9 of 9 (6586 views)
Shortcut

treehugger1978 wrote:
how do i post something?
You may now consider yourself a success!

Of sorts. Unsure

Forums : General : Announcements

Search for (options)