Hey everyone, I could use some advice, tips, warnings, etc. on carrying a sign in freefall. I’m thinking of the typical “Will You Marry Me?” type sign (though my wife might insist that it say something else – ). So questions:
1) What material? I’m thinking the thin, lightweight corrugated plastic with rounded corners so it’s not dangerous if it gets dropped.
2) How big is manageable? I’m thinking 24” wide x 12” tall, with oval holes in each end for handholds.
3) How do you exit? Holding the sign with two hands or one? Where do you hold it – against your stomach?
4) How difficult is it to keep the sign vertical in freefall while staying stable?
5) What do you do at pull time? Drop it (seems like a bad idea), hold it in your left hand, or what?
6) I assume you need to exit last so there’s no risk of someone colliding with the sign if it gets loose?
7) Other safety / logistics concerns?
In general I’d appreciate thoughts from jumpers who have done this or assisted others in doing it. Thanks in advance.