Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
Godfrog

 


kallend  (D 23151)

Nov 16, 2016, 5:34 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1984 views)
Shortcut
Godfrog Can't Post

Can anyone tell me which team was awarded the Godfrog this year?


RockSkyGirl  (D 35756)

Nov 16, 2016, 5:11 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be Tenney McTenface. They were a pick-up team! They serenaded the judges at the top of their lungs on their way to the loading area; and they serenaded the Golden Knights on the plane on the ride to altitude for every jump. Talk about spirit. AWESOME.


kallend  (D 23151)

Jan 15, 2017, 2:58 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RockSkyGirl] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

RockSkyGirl wrote:
That would be Tenney McTenface. They were a pick-up team! They serenaded the judges at the top of their lungs on their way to the loading area; and they serenaded the Golden Knights on the plane on the ride to altitude for every jump. Talk about spirit. AWESOME.

Thanks (belatedly).

Site has been updated.

http://www.godfrog.org


(This post was edited by kallend on Jan 15, 2017, 3:09 PM)


muff528  (D 17609)

Jan 15, 2017, 3:58 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

kallend wrote:
RockSkyGirl wrote:
That would be Tenney McTenface. They were a pick-up team! They serenaded the judges at the top of their lungs on their way to the loading area; and they serenaded the Golden Knights on the plane on the ride to altitude for every jump. Talk about spirit. AWESOME.

Thanks (belatedly).

Site has been updated.

http://www.godfrog.org

Pretty sure that 1992 winner should be "Son of Van Break" rather than "Son of Dan Break". Also, I believe that the 1993 winner (listed as "The Muff Brothers") had "Van Break" as part of the team name. The Muff Bros. team of 1994, of which I was a proud member, was named "Duh! Van Break". During the competition that year, we exited just after "XTZ" a couple of times. Awesome watching them launch a linked, no-show 10-way, and then looking out the door at a perfect star going away. Smile


kallend  (D 23151)

Jan 16, 2017, 6:36 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muff528] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

muff528 wrote:
kallend wrote:
RockSkyGirl wrote:
That would be Tenney McTenface. They were a pick-up team! They serenaded the judges at the top of their lungs on their way to the loading area; and they serenaded the Golden Knights on the plane on the ride to altitude for every jump. Talk about spirit. AWESOME.

Thanks (belatedly).

Site has been updated.

http://www.godfrog.org

Pretty sure that 1992 winner should be "Son of Van Break" rather than "Son of Dan Break". Also, I believe that the 1993 winner (listed as "The Muff Brothers") had "Van Break" as part of the team name. The Muff Bros. team of 1994, of which I was a proud member, was named "Duh! Van Break". During the competition that year, we exited just after "XTZ" a couple of times. Awesome watching them launch a linked, no-show 10-way, and then looking out the door at a perfect star going away. Smile

The list was created by decoding the scribblings on the award itself. Some of the older ones are only marginally legible. Some I had to guess. I do my best, there is no actual archive.

Recent teams have put engraved plaques on the board, which are easy to read.


(This post was edited by kallend on Jan 16, 2017, 6:39 AM)


muff528  (D 17609)

Jan 16, 2017, 8:14 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

kallend wrote:
....

The list was created by decoding the scribblings on the award itself. Some of the older ones are only marginally legible. Some I had to guess. I do my best, there is no actual archive.

Recent teams have put engraved plaques on the board, which are easy to read.

Not being critical ...just providing possible corrections to the archive which you are creating.


kallend  (D 23151)

Jan 16, 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muff528] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

muff528 wrote:
kallend wrote:
....

The list was created by decoding the scribblings on the award itself. Some of the older ones are only marginally legible. Some I had to guess. I do my best, there is no actual archive.

Recent teams have put engraved plaques on the board, which are easy to read.

Not being critical ...just providing possible corrections to the archive which you are creating.

No worries. I've fixed the 1992 entry.


muff528  (D 17609)

Jan 16, 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

The names were derived from an actual "van" that existed at that time, where folks would occasionally take a "break" from the day's activities.


Rick  (D 28557)

Jan 23, 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muff528] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

muff528 wrote:
The names were derived from an actual "van" that existed at that time, where folks would occasionally take a "break" from the day's activities.


Muff Muff Puff


muff528  (D 17609)

Jan 23, 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rick] Godfrog [In reply to] Can't Post

...give!



Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

 


Search for (options)