Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

 

First page Previous page 1 ... 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 ... 2112 Next page Last page  View All

GreyCopGC148

Oct 9, 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #47401 of 52780 (12512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
GreyCopGC148 wrote:
Skyjack 71 the envelope to the RENO NEWSPAPER says KENNE on it.In Kenneys block lettering, remove the top of the R and you can see his name GC 148

lol....GC, I hope you have some vacation time coming up. I don't know..I think you might be stretching.......Why not just send it to a paper in KENNEbunkport, ME or KENNEsaw, GA. or any city in KENtucky. lol...I'm thinking all the Kenny folks should have just stuck with the composite and quit while you're ahead. Oh well - whatever makes the boat float. Still waiting on my free book. SmileWink

So..... do you see the young lady or the old crone? Smile

http://www.moillusions.com/...me-few-old-hags.html

THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON.. and if you don't know by now than I give up on you . The trick in the question was how fast you could agree on some thing .So it wasn't the queen .SO as you can see you don't really want the case solved at all but that's your thing .


(This post was edited by GreyCopGC148 on Oct 9, 2013, 10:05 PM)


skyjack71

Oct 9, 2013, 10:31 PM
Post #47402 of 52780 (12473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Puyallup! DUGHH! [In reply to] Can't Post

 
Puyallup in 1971? What are the connections to Weber. Stanley Gilliam lived in PUYALLUP and Duane had connections to his wife's family. The connections originated in CA.

Gilliam is a man who received a phone call prior to the skyjacking & Gilliam felt he had inadvertently provide Cooper with information needed to make a sucessful jump from the 727!


Stanley Gilliam contacted the FBI and I believe the FBI ended up investigating him! A man comes forward with information and then he becomes suspect! No wonder witness didn't come forward!

Any one of you who have connections to Puyallup?

Blevins maintained the town was a large size in 1971. Hell it wasn't any larger than my home town in 1971 and that was small.

I am still curious if the Bonney Lake property ever had any connections to Gilliam or Barth in any way what so ever - Want to go back to the 40's. .

Gilliam and another man by the name of BARTH (out of CA) worked with Wayward young men - programs that spawned out of CA and the out of McNeil. The Programs were instituted because of the over population of the prison in the mid 40's. They formed several camps and more than was originally believed.

Their work with young men in the 40's is a known fact - so why did the FBI not consider that Cooper was one of those young men.

I do NOT believe Barth or Gilliam had any knowledge of this caper or who did it. Perhaps Cooper was bitter & trying to prove something in 1971 or desperate. Maybe these guys gave up on him and this was his way of getting back. I do NOT know what the motive was - but, I will assure you that Weber had FOND memories of the area and a man I believe to be Gilliam.

Someone took the knowledge they had of the area and actually pulled this damn thing off. Cooper was NOT a current LOCAL in 1971 - as that makes NO sense what so ever. Why did Cooper choose WA - that is because he had a personal connection to the area and if he was going to die doing the BIG ONE it was going to be in WA.

Some where there is a grave that Duane showed me. We did NOT go close but he pointed in that direction and said he used to know someone that was buried there. For some reason the cemetary is blocked out of my memory. Perhaps because he didn't actually take me to the cemetary - he simply mentioned if from another area. For some reason I cannot take my mind back to that point.
The place my mind went to I went to see in 2010, but it was pouring rain and the graves looked so very old. The few I did see were old graves. Was never sure if I found the right grave yard.

The parts about Paradise in my story I found in OLD records I had.
Duane had mentioned going up the Interstate about THE BOYS used to camp there & there used to be a way to get there from under the highway to the power lines and pipe lines. I do not know if there is still a stream or covert under the highway in that area.

Jerry Thomas kept claiming the above area is were Duane made his comment about Cooper. IT WAS NOT! T

The stream were Duane made his comment about Cooper was in The LaCames area and NOTHING I could ever do - would prove other wise to JT. When I was talking to him in 1997 to 2000 - I kept trying to tell him about Lake LaCames - but I thought it was a river. OUR communication was very disoriented. JT even claimed I was on the OR side and that Duane and I crossed at Portland and that is NOT true!

For some reason JT wanted to discredit me and to make sure NO one ever heard my story about the Washougal and Lake LaCames - he never dreamt that I would be able to go out there and retrace the trip in 2010. 14 yrs later! His central EGO was not going to let anyone, but him find Cooper!

Also note the only map I had seen was the little map in Max's book and then whatever was in Mr. H's book. I had another map of 1/2 of the USA. When I did obtain better maps - no thanks to JT, I then tried to explain were Duane had taken me - but JT kept BASHING ME and calling me a liar and fantasy story teller just like he did in this thread in 2006 when he found me here. From 2001 to 2006 I had washed him out of my hair!

IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO GO OUT TO WA AT THAT TIME AND HAVE RENTED A CAR TO RETRACE OUR TRIP - THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER YRS AND YRS AGO.

All it takes to solve this case is documentation the FBI nor anyone else can cover up! [;)Prove Duane was connected to Barth and to Gilliam and this case is over. Put Duane at one of the camps they used! I believe this is also how Duane knew Ed Horan - Ed was an airplane mechanic!. WA is the area Duane knew Ed from! Gilliam flew all kinds of planes - find out if Ed ever worked on them. Locate pictures made from that time of Gilliam and his wife - and you will put Duane in WA.

UnimpressedMaking a fool out of myself one more time, BUT at this STAGE, I have ZERO to loose! The world thinks JO is crazy, delusional and off her rocker. Jo knows it is the stress of the situation and having to fight the endstage of her life at this time. Did God or the Devil put me with Duane?

I have NOTHING to loose - the system so far has won & has used up my life. I chose to do this and to fight this battle till the end against a secretive government and their tactics.

If the government did NOT have a hand in this - they had knowledge of the individual or individuals involved - or the FBI needs to re-evaluate the capablilities of their agents. The Cooper Case is a fiasco or it is a cover-up. The FBI needs to owe up to the fact they made mistakes and continued to make the same mistakes for 42 yrs.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Oct 9, 2013, 10:48 PM)


RobertMBlevins

Oct 9, 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #47403 of 52780 (12446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Puyallup! DUGHH! [In reply to] Can't Post

Skyjack 71 says (in quoted sections)

Quote:
Puyallup in 1971? What are the connections to Weber. Stanley Gilliam lived in PUYALLUP and Duane had connections to his wife's family. The connections originated in CA.

I don't know the answers to these questions. As far as I know, there are NO connections between the couple who sold Kenny the house and the adjoining lot, and one Stanley Gilliam.

Quote:
Gilliam is a man who received a phone call prior to the skyjacking & Gilliam felt he had inadvertently provide Cooper with information needed to make a sucessful jump from the 727!

Note: Funny thing the hijacker would pick someone in Puyallup to call for information on the 727. Wonder how he knew who to call, and this could indicate it was a LOCAL call, not long-distance, on which records were kept and could possibly be traced. And I have to say this: Sumner, where Christiansen lived at the time of the hijacking, was the very next town over from Puyallup. It's five minutes away at most. They actually border each other. In 1970, the phone book for Sumner was called 'Puyallup-Sumner' because Sumner was so small that they incorporated BOTH towns into the same phone book.

Quote:
Stanley Gilliam contacted the FBI and I believe the FBI ended up investigating him! A man comes forward with information and then he becomes suspect! No wonder witness didn't come forward!

Any one of you who have connections to Puyallup?

Blevins maintained the town was a large size in 1971. Hell it wasn't any larger than my home town in 1971 and that was small.

Population of Puyallup, WA in 1970: About 15,000. (An educated guess based on the 1960 census of 12,000 and the 1980 census of 18,000.) I have a few friends there, lived there near the Washington State Fair for a couple of years in the 90's. Nice town, nice people, even the cops aren't bad. Wink


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 10, 2013, 2:02 AM)


BobKnoss

Oct 10, 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #47404 of 52780 (12343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] And now you know....the rest of the story..... [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
BobKnoss wrote:
"funny thing is....you are the only one who thinks he is 100% right......roflmao

Bob, you seem to be mixed up on the meaning of facts...

still not buying it...... "

______________________________________________

GEZUS KAY-RIST!!!! You can twist a pretzel into a ball of knots. I did not say I was 100% right, I said I was 100% sure of what I experienced. See how you can't get facts straight? It is no wonder why you can't understand anything. (Further comment deleted as unnecessary)


Is that right Bobby.....lets take a look at your post...shall we Cool

Bob says on "Oct 6, 2013, 12:28 PM"

"I know 100% that I am right and NOBODY can take that away from me, EVER. Facts are facts and that doesn't change."

you are 100% incorrect (again)....plus you don't have any facts! zero, zilch, Nada, zip, nothing!

do not pass go! do not collect 200 dollars!

Have a nice day Bobby...Cool

_____________________________________________

I am 100% sure that what I experienced is true and correct and what I have presented is accurate and correct, but nobody's perfect. The facts I have presented are 100% right and I am usually right. Sometimes I have to correct myself, like any normal human being.

You, on the other hand should be correcting everything you state, as I have yet to hear two things in a row that even approximate anything close to actual fact, even with a rewrite, Badgerman. Rather than keep on badgering, why not actually follow up on what really happened? Go against your morals? The Lord is keeping count on you, and you got lots of repentin' to do for bearing false witness...


mrshutter45

Oct 10, 2013, 1:44 PM
Post #47405 of 52780 (12337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BobKnoss] And now you know....the rest of the story..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bob, there is nothing you can say or do to me. period! your facts? you don't have any. stop trying to blame others for the mistakes you make!

I don't have any story to tell. you have several. nothing matches up. when you check things you have stated in the past, nothing exists.

John Anderson..."yes the one who ran for President"
no John Anderson matches your theory.

Dave Haapala does not have a communications company.

you were not a College drop out as you mentioned in the past.

no oil pipeline. no canopy stitching to memorize etc. etc.

the Government does not work out of the backyard of someones house. the only person here you are fooling is yourself!

If anyone is "badgering" on this form, it would be you!!!

Have another beautiful day in your little world.....Cool


smokin99

Oct 10, 2013, 7:58 PM
Post #47406 of 52780 (12259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GreyCopGC148] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

GreyCopGC148 wrote:
smokin99 wrote:
GreyCopGC148 wrote:
Skyjack 71 the envelope to the RENO NEWSPAPER says KENNE on it.In Kenneys block lettering, remove the top of the R and you can see his name GC 148

lol....GC, I hope you have some vacation time coming up. I don't know..I think you might be stretching.......Why not just send it to a paper in KENNEbunkport, ME or KENNEsaw, GA. or any city in KENtucky. lol...I'm thinking all the Kenny folks should have just stuck with the composite and quit while you're ahead. Oh well - whatever makes the boat float. Still waiting on my free book. SmileWink

So..... do you see the young lady or the old crone? Smile

http://www.moillusions.com/...me-few-old-hags.html

THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON.. and if you don't know by now than I give up on you . The trick in the question was how fast you could agree on some thing .So it wasn't the queen .SO as you can see you don't really want the case solved at all but that's your thing .

I never said it was the queen and actually I am on the fence about wanting it solved. On the one hand I do, on the other not so much. Because I think that the only way to solve it is with concrete physical evidence. And to call it solved without concrete physical evidence would feel very unsatisfying to me. So in that sense - if it's gonna be called "solved" based on a lot of hearsay and tea leaves in the bottom of the cup- yeah -- I'd rather have the puzzle.

But random ramblings and talking in circles which you have done from day one on this thread will not get it solved. You haven't sent your book which you said you were going to -- but that's okay. We can go off what we have:

You say Kenny's handwriting matches handwriting on the letters - I don't see it. Plus the letters have never been proven to have been sent by the hijacker.
You've also matched Kenny's handwriting to the handwriting on the ticket. However, you've never seen any of the ticket agent's handwriting and it is unlikely that the hijacker wrote out the ticket.

You say that Kenny's name is spelled out in RENO NE. Of course you first have to make the R a K and you have to throw away the o and live with the fact that Kenny is not spelled Kenne. I still say that's a stretch.

You say Curtis Eng and Larry Carr say the case is solved and closed and the reason it's taking so long for him to tell CNN is because all the evidence has been sent to Quantico.
That's about the extent of it. I won't even go into the Grey Cup business or the leap you made when you thought KC had been in the property before 1972.
SO pardon me if I'm less than overwhelmed by your evidence as presented so far. But that's just my take on it.
But hey, go for it. I've been wrong before. And don't have a problem with admitting when I am.
Just not seeing the need to do that yet. Sorry. AngelicSmile


(This post was edited by smokin99 on Oct 10, 2013, 8:01 PM)


mrshutter45

Oct 10, 2013, 8:30 PM
Post #47407 of 52780 (12246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this is what he is trying to do. the second line is where you can see Kenn..E

See attachment......Cool
Attachments: the letter2.JPG (41.8 KB)


skyjack71

Oct 10, 2013, 9:03 PM
Post #47408 of 52780 (12209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Barth in CA/WA [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
I think this is what he is trying to do. the second line is where you can see Kenn..E

See attachment......Cool

Geeze! what a stretch! Comparing unproval to unproval!

I am still working on the Gilliam/Puyallup. Remember that Blevins said it was a good size town.
Well according to the size he stated for the 70's - what was it in 1940's!

Back to the Gilliam connections.
Barth was the maiden name of Gilliam's wife. She haled from CA in the very same place Duane's parents lived and she was born in the same yr as Duane. Duane and his family told me about the Barths - but I had never connected it to Gilliam.....

"Friends of the FAMILY" made arrangements for Duane when he was sent to McNeil. Now I know what the arrangements were and who made the arrangements. Ed Horan (Hurand) was one of the men who also worked with Gilliam.
/ or Barth. Ed was a helicopter and airplane mechanic.

Barth used these young men as part of the"team". I do not know if Barth was the older man from Ca or his son or if he had a son. May even be the wrong Barth. I


The young men who participated in these camps were selected because they had NOT committed violent crimes and this was their actual first offense and being sent to a Federal prison. McNeil was over crowded and the older criminals had been known to commit unthinkable crimes against the younger inmates.

Remember this picture?


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Oct 10, 2013, 11:41 PM)
Attachments: CPS31firecrew2.jpg (82.6 KB)


RobertMBlevins

Oct 10, 2013, 9:30 PM
Post #47409 of 52780 (12198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Puyallup! DUGHH! [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:
Skyjack 71 says (in quoted sections)

Quote:
Puyallup in 1971? What are the connections to Weber. Stanley Gilliam lived in PUYALLUP and Duane had connections to his wife's family. The connections originated in CA.

I don't know the answers to these questions. As far as I know, there are NO connections between the couple who sold Kenny the house and the adjoining lot, and one Stanley Gilliam.

Quote:
Gilliam is a man who received a phone call prior to the skyjacking & Gilliam felt he had inadvertently provide Cooper with information needed to make a sucessful jump from the 727!

Note: Funny thing the hijacker would pick someone in Puyallup to call for information on the 727. Wonder how he knew who to call, and this could indicate it was a LOCAL call, not long-distance, on which records were kept and could possibly be traced. And I have to say this: Sumner, where Christiansen lived at the time of the hijacking, was the very next town over from Puyallup. It's five minutes away at most. They actually border each other. In 1970, the phone book for Sumner was called 'Puyallup-Sumner' because Sumner was so small that they incorporated BOTH towns into the same phone book.

Quote:
Stanley Gilliam contacted the FBI and I believe the FBI ended up investigating him! A man comes forward with information and then he becomes suspect! No wonder witness didn't come forward!

Any one of you who have connections to Puyallup?

Blevins maintained the town was a large size in 1971. Hell it wasn't any larger than my home town in 1971 and that was small.

Population of Puyallup, WA in 1970: About 15,000. (An educated guess based on the 1960 census of 12,000 and the 1980 census of 18,000.) I have a few friends there, lived there near the Washington State Fair for a couple of years in the 90's. Nice town, nice people, even the cops aren't bad. Wink

Update: 1940 census reports population for Puyallup at 7,889.


RobertMBlevins

Oct 10, 2013, 9:37 PM
Post #47410 of 52780 (12196 views)
Shortcut
Re: Stanley O. Gilliam [In reply to] Can't Post

Saw this posted by someone calling themselves 'Former Suburban Mom' at This Link. Supposedly, it is the granddaughter of Gilliam. But according to the account, Gilliam was not investigated by the FBI, but instead kept the phone call a secret until he was dying. Whether it is true or not, I haven't a clue but here it is:

Quote:
'A mere two weeks before his death I filmed him telling a story that he had kept in his vault of secrets.

My memory is not sharp like my grandfather’s. This is why I write fiction. Here is my best recount:

In 1971 Grandpa Stan was part of a test in which the aft staircase of a 727 was opened in flight to allow for the emergency release of cargo. The data and test were to show that the door could safely be opened to allow for items of about eighteen inches to pass through.

One day he was handed a phone by a man in his department, “Stan, he needs information from the aft staircase test…” For the next several minutes Grandpa answered specific questions relating to the test. The conversation struck him as odd from beginning to end. Placing the phone back in its cradle he turned to the man who had given him the phone – who was responsible for checking clearance – and asked to whom he had been speaking. The man turned white. He had been too distracted to clear the caller.

Grandpa turned white and swore at the man. He hadn’t asked for clearance either.

Not long after, D.B. Cooper famously hijacked Flight 305 – a Boeing 727 – from our local airport and allegedly escaped through the aft staircase. Eighteen inches is a reasonable width measurement of a man wearing a parachute. As well as easily wide enough for, say, a huge bag of money.

My grandfather spent his life convinced that he was not only one of the few people to have carried on an extensive conversation with D.B. Cooper, he may have actually given him the knowledge necessary to complete his crime.

Deeply ashamed, he kept the story from Boeing and the F.B.I. Saving it instead for a deathbed confession...'

This coincides with Bill Rataczak's statement where he said: 'The stairs will drop about 24-36" in flight..." (paraphrased) Although the test refers more to width than height, I believe.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 10, 2013, 10:27 PM)


skyjack71

Oct 11, 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #47411 of 52780 (12162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Stanley O. Gilliam [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:
Saw this posted by someone calling themselves 'Former Suburban Mom' at This Link. Supposedly, it is the granddaughter of Gilliam. But according to the account, Gilliam was not investigated by the FBI, but instead kept the phone call a secret until he was dying. Whether it is true or not, I haven't a clue but here it is:

Quote:
'A mere two weeks before his death I filmed him telling a story that he had kept in his vault of secrets.

My memory is not sharp like my grandfather’s. This is why I write fiction. Here is my best recount:

In 1971 Grandpa Stan was part of a test in which the aft staircase of a 727 was opened in flight to allow for the emergency release of cargo. The data and test were to show that the door could safely be opened to allow for items of about eighteen inches to pass through.

One day he was handed a phone by a man in his department, “Stan, he needs information from the aft staircase test…” For the next several minutes Grandpa answered specific questions relating to the test. The conversation struck him as odd from beginning to end. Placing the phone back in its cradle he turned to the man who had given him the phone – who was responsible for checking clearance – and asked to whom he had been speaking. The man turned white. He had been too distracted to clear the caller.

Grandpa turned white and swore at the man. He hadn’t asked for clearance either.

Not long after, D.B. Cooper famously hijacked Flight 305 – a Boeing 727 – from our local airport and allegedly escaped through the aft staircase. Eighteen inches is a reasonable width measurement of a man wearing a parachute. As well as easily wide enough for, say, a huge bag of money.

My grandfather spent his life convinced that he was not only one of the few people to have carried on an extensive conversation with D.B. Cooper, he may have actually given him the knowledge necessary to complete his crime.

Deeply ashamed, he kept the story from Boeing and the F.B.I. Saving it instead for a deathbed confession...'

This coincides with Bill Rataczak's statement where he said: 'The stairs will drop about 24-36" in flight..." (paraphrased) Although the test refers more to width than height, I believe.


I had heard the story before she ever wrote it. It was my understanding that he did contact the FBI. But, all we have is a Grand-daughter who claims to have taped his confession and she is a writer. Problem was this - I had heard the story before it ever appeared on a computer!

I have not been able to get the story of how Gilliam met his wife whose occupation was the same as the woman Duane told me about.

I have told this for yrs and you can go back to my early descriptions of our trip to WA and you will note that Duane as he passed a building in Vancouver pointed it out and told me it used to be the telephone company and he knew a woman who used to work there.

Gilliam's wife worked at the Telephone Co. Gilliams wife came from the same part of CA Duane's family resided in. Her maiden name was Barth and I had been looking for a Barth for yrs. as the name of the family Duane's parents knew from the war had moved to CA. In 1943 the Webers made the move to CA as there was NO work in Ohio.

Duane's brother and sister had told me Ma Weber had crawled under the bed when the great storm Loraine came thu and causes so much destruction.

Mrs Weber gave birth to a son and her friend had a daughter in 1924. Could be a complete set of co-incidences, but I do not think so.
Someone had sent me some research papers on the Weber family - the story I was told was that Pa Weber (Duane's father) had 2 friends he enlisted with and they went to CA and he moved his family to CA in 1943. There were NO jobs in Ohio.

I need to know where the Barths lived prior to living in CA and when the man who was Duane's father age enlisted...and when Duane's father enlisted. Or in what branch Mr. Barth served and in what branch Mr. Weber served - I only know that the 3 guys enlisted at the same time.

The missing pieces of the story fell together when I learned where the Barths lived and that Gilliams wife had worked at Ma Bell. I had heard a similar story ...from Duane, his sister and his brother.

I had tried to find things on a Gilliam before because of something Duane's brother had told me and this could be part of what John wanted to talk to me privately about in 2004. We all know that Duane's sister suffered a hearth attack before John and I could talk and all I do know is that a note was found among his things that said "Duane had paracute training". Remember that John knew Tosaw personally!

Too many damn links to ignore.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Oct 11, 2013, 12:21 AM)


skyjack71

Oct 11, 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #47412 of 52780 (12155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Puyallup! DUGHH! [In reply to] Can't Post

John Claudian Weber and Stanley Gilliam both worked for Boeing in WA state. I believe it was either Barth or Gilliam that Duane's brother John purchased an investiment in the the Tacoma area. As Duane said it was not the right time, but according to the grand daughter her father bought a furniture store and it burned down.

I have repeatedly asked the FBI to tell me what John Claudian Weber purchased with another person in the Tacoma area. It was a co-worker with Boeing. I do not know the time frame of the purchase was - nor to I know the time frames in which the Brother lived in WA.

The pictures on the wall of their foyer showed a friend and the only reason I took notice was the unusual tie the man had one and I had only seen one other tie like that... A man in Atlanta whose father worked for Boeing and he was wearing his dad's tie. I even accused 377 of having posted a picture of a man with that tie, but I never found it. Of course JO sees things and lives in this little imaginary world only she can see!


georger

Oct 11, 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #47413 of 52780 (12153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
I think this is what he is trying to do. the second line is where you can see Kenn..E

See attachment......Cool

Im writing from Quantumko.

These letters have been tamper with. The K's are merely
(the) R's with the tops chopped off.
Attachments: the%20letter2 k m.jpg (18.8 KB)
  the%20letter2 k p.JPG (14.1 KB)


RobertMBlevins

Oct 11, 2013, 1:31 AM
Post #47414 of 52780 (12141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

georger wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
I think this is what he is trying to do. the second line is where you can see Kenn..E

See attachment......Cool

Im writing from Quantumko.

These letters have been tamper with. The K's are merely
(the) R's with the tops chopped off.

Glad you figured it out. It's called 'smart erase' on Microslave Digital Imaging. (Er...I mean MicroSOFT)
Greg hates it when I call it that, but it's a popular moniker for them around here.

Kenne, Kenny, or whatever. I still don't believe the hijacker sent taunting notes to the media. Only serial killers do that. Most of the rest are fakes or attention-seekers. I think Cooper laughed at the notes in the media and enjoyed every minute of it. This was a MONEY thing, not a psychological gratification thing. It could be both, but I'll give Cooper credit for brains and courage, otherwise they would have caught him long ago. I don't think he was in it for any twisted emotional benefit. It was all about the money. And that could be exactly why he got away with it.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 11, 2013, 1:42 AM)


mrshutter45

Oct 11, 2013, 3:01 AM
Post #47415 of 52780 (12092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

georger wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
I think this is what he is trying to do. the second line is where you can see Kenn..E

See attachment......Cool

Im writing from Quantumko.

These letters have been tamper with. The K's are merely
(the) R's with the tops chopped off.


correct. I put the picture in paint & removed the top part of the R. and erased what was in between. that 's why I showed the original on top. my guess is that Paul is trying to say Kenny picked Reno for this purpose. I should have explained the picture with a littler more detail of what I did with the letter....


mrshutter45

Oct 11, 2013, 3:33 AM
Post #47416 of 52780 (12087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Robert, many crimes are "about the money" bank robberies, Burglary, strong armed robbery, Bernie Madoff etc. how can you conclude money was the reason "he got away with it"

just because we have no trace of Cooper after the jump doesn't mean he made it. most criminals have a hard time keeping there mouth shut. nothing is written in stone of where he jumped, so, concluding he survived can only be a possibility. there are also lots of clues indicating he wasn't as smart as people think he was.

McCoy performed his crime with accuracy, landing exactly where he wanted. he was in complete control of what was going on with the plane & how it was flown. his mouth got him caught. the experience McCoy had made his jump just another day on the job. his bravery if you ask me was the fact of him being in a helicopter looking for himself...that took balls...bravery and stupidity at it's best Cool


RobertMBlevins

Oct 11, 2013, 8:49 AM
Post #47417 of 52780 (12027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
Robert, many crimes are "about the money" bank robberies, Burglary, strong armed robbery, Bernie Madoff etc. how can you conclude money was the reason "he got away with it"

just because we have no trace of Cooper after the jump doesn't mean he made it. most criminals have a hard time keeping there mouth shut. nothing is written in stone of where he jumped, so, concluding he survived can only be a possibility. there are also lots of clues indicating he wasn't as smart as people think he was.

McCoy performed his crime with accuracy, landing exactly where he wanted. he was in complete control of what was going on with the plane & how it was flown. his mouth got him caught. the experience McCoy had made his jump just another day on the job. his bravery if you ask me was the fact of him being in a helicopter looking for himself...that took balls...bravery and stupidity at it's best Cool

I wouldn't call McCoy real smart. The FBI already had fingerprint and handwriting matches on him before they even got to his door with the warrant...

The reason I said that 'it was all about the money' with Cooper is that unlike some other hijackers, he didn't seem to have any other agenda going. He wasn't making a statement or going for psychological domination, etc. as has been done in other hijackings.

Gimme da cash...Angelic

You are right when you say that there's no way to prove (as yet) whether he lived or died. It just seems strange that nothing has ever been found except a few of the ransom bills.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 11, 2013, 8:51 AM)


Robert99

Oct 11, 2013, 9:45 AM
Post #47418 of 52780 (12017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Stanley O. Gilliam [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:

This coincides with Bill Rataczak's statement where he said: 'The stairs will drop about 24-36" in flight..." (paraphrased) Although the test refers more to width than height, I believe.

Blevins, The aft stairs move vertically and not laterally. Therefore, Rataczak was referring to a "height" movement and not a "width" movement.

Why don't you visit the Air Museum in Seattle and see what a 727's aft stairs look like.

Robert99


mrshutter45

Oct 11, 2013, 1:24 PM
Post #47419 of 52780 (11996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

they already knew who he was. his cop buddy turned him in. he made the mistake of leaving the note with the stew. everything started to fall into place after that. as I mentioned, his mouth got the ball rolling.


BobKnoss

Oct 11, 2013, 2:19 PM
Post #47420 of 52780 (11979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
they already knew who he was. his cop buddy turned him in. he made the mistake of leaving the note with the stew. everything started to fall into place after that. as I mentioned, his mouth got the ball rolling.

______________________________________________
The fingerprints on the magazine he read didn't help much either. Stashing the cash under the bed was grade-school. But what got him caught was two honest agents with a wish to make a name for themselves. They refused to back-off for the sake of the project. Mac then finally clammed up and rode the rail. Said NOTHING, other than his plea to the Judge. Karen was supposed to pick him up but they never connected. Mac broke a small bone in his foot when he landed, but walked out to the snack cafe by himself, bought a strawberry frap and paid a kid $15 dollars for a ride to town. The news of his jump was on the news as they drove. The kid claimed he was only paid $10. Everyone lies, I guess. That in brief his what really happened. Lots of evidence everywhere, like he knew he was going to get caught. Couldn't have TWO FBI projects where the guy got away! But he did get away two years into his Pa. Pen stay, didn't he......Cool


(This post was edited by BobKnoss on Oct 11, 2013, 2:33 PM)


mrshutter45

Oct 11, 2013, 3:40 PM
Post #47421 of 52780 (11949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BobKnoss] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yawn......
Attachments: Bobs meter.gif (55.0 KB)


mrshutter45

Oct 11, 2013, 3:57 PM
Post #47422 of 52780 (11936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

of course it was for the money, but not a reason to say how he got away.

"You are right when you say that there's no way to prove (as yet) whether he lived or died. It just seems strange that nothing has ever been found except a few of the ransom bills."

you have a jump point anywhere from approx. 8:10 to 8:20. this possibly puts him jumping over Portland area if you go by Rataczak's time frame. nobody knows exactly where he landed. so, we have a problem locating a body IF he didn't make it. they believed they knew where he jumped, but later concluded it was probably wrong. So, again it really doesn't seem strange a body was not found when you don't know where to look. I lean over the fence more that he didn't survive. I use to think the same way, no evidence on the ground, he must of made it. I don't believe that anymore.

If he landed the way I have been trying to land my new 727. no way in hell he made it Blush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwYH5x5_mI

I'm doing much better now though Cool


RobertMBlevins

Oct 11, 2013, 8:24 PM
Post #47423 of 52780 (11872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert99] Stanley O. Gilliam [In reply to] Can't Post

Robert99 wrote:
RobertMBlevins wrote:

This coincides with Bill Rataczak's statement where he said: 'The stairs will drop about 24-36" in flight..." (paraphrased) Although the test refers more to width than height, I believe.

Blevins, The aft stairs move vertically and not laterally. Therefore, Rataczak was referring to a "height" movement and not a "width" movement.

Why don't you visit the Air Museum in Seattle and see what a 727's aft stairs look like.

Robert99

Uh...I kind of think I said that...Crazy

Quote:
'Although the test refers more to width than height, I believe...'

I don't NEED to see the airstairs at the Air Museum. I'm old enough to have flown on a 727 and I have. Can we say Piedmont? But the best flight I ever took out of Seattle involved the grounding of planes in Dulles, a rental car, a hotel room in Roanake, VA, and an NWA stew, who was not on the crew of 305.

Don't ask. I was WAY too young but I grew up fast. (*laughs*) I'm going to include that incident in Cooperland.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 11, 2013, 11:31 PM)


georger

Oct 11, 2013, 8:26 PM
Post #47424 of 52780 (11866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] More Blevins Fabrications - WHY!? [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
of course it was for the money, but not a reason to say how he got away.

"You are right when you say that there's no way to prove (as yet) whether he lived or died. It just seems strange that nothing has ever been found except a few of the ransom bills."

you have a jump point anywhere from approx. 8:10 to 8:20. this possibly puts him jumping over Portland area if you go by Rataczak's time frame. nobody knows exactly where he landed. so, we have a problem locating a body IF he didn't make it. they believed they knew where he jumped, but later concluded it was probably wrong. So, again it really doesn't seem strange a body was not found when you don't know where to look. I lean over the fence more that he didn't survive. I use to think the same way, no evidence on the ground, he must of made it. I don't believe that anymore.

If he landed the way I have been trying to land my new 727. no way in hell he made it Blush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwYH5x5_mI

I'm doing much better now though Cool

a few 'bundles' of the bills.

may point to a catastrophe.


RobertMBlevins

Oct 11, 2013, 8:39 PM
Post #47425 of 52780 (11854 views)
Shortcut
Re: Rataczak [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to quote Rataczak one more time from his 2009 interview, just to get it straight on what he said:
(important points in bold)

Quote:
'I do know that our technical support people who were on the radio with us during the hijacking, especially Paul Soderlind, tried to determine the exact area where Cooper might have jumped. We relied heavily on him for technical information during the flight. He was head of Technical Operations in our Flight Training Department.

Paul and many others did a lot of work trying to determine the exact area in general, and then tried to narrow down where the hijacker could have landed after he jumped from the airplane. They finally determined the likely spot. Well, our crew on board was 99% sure they were correct because we felt a tremendous amount of pressure bump in our ears when the aft stairs rebounded when they closed...'

Main points here: Plane is being tracked by radar. Plane had a black box, which was almost certainly accessed after the flight landed. Plane did NOT have its transponder disabled. Plane was in communication with the ground, and with people working with the crew on the flight situation with the hijacker. These things should be considered before anyone attempts to place 305 (without proof) on the west side of the interstate while the flight was still north of Portland.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 11, 2013, 8:44 PM)


First page Previous page 1 ... 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 ... 2112 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

 


Search for (options)