I had some one message me that the winds were strong enough that the DZ had a B license restriction in place and this jumper seemed to have stabbed a single toggle for no apparent reason not far off the ground. The DZ shortly after this raised the winds to a C and then a bit later to a D requirement and finally shut down for the day.
This is a situation that just because its a boogie it is not always a great idea to push the limits of what is safe.
The other day I was at a Boogie, cloud was looking iffy. Load organiser said, "we're wating for the current load to land so I can check the conditions, before we manifest." Load lands, Load organiser speaks to fellow load organiser, He says, "im not comfortable in these conditions, so we are holding off for a while." So my load organiser relays this info to me, I say, OK no probs, we'll sit and wait a while see if it improves. Now My Load organiser tells another jumper on our load the same as i was told. His response, OK that's no problem, Ill pop over and see if i can join the other group on the load.
Same discussion 2 very differing outcomes.
BTW The 2 load organisers are world record holding jumpers with thousands of jumps, very well respected in the OZ skydiving scene.
Now nothing bad eventuated from the jump i sat out from, but i was interested in the way the other jumper heard something completely different to what I heard.
Just because you can does not mean you should.
(This post was edited by Squeak on Jan 2, 2013, 1:48 AM)