Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control: Re: [Quagmirian] So I want to swoop...: Edit Log


Aug 21, 2012, 11:55 AM

Views: 5758
Re: [Quagmirian] So I want to swoop...

So I want to swoop...

Under the BPA there is a qualification called CP1 (canopy piloting grade 1) which is designed to put some kind of rigid training in place for would be swoopers. In order to start training for CP1 (read that as starting high performance landings) you first need a C certificate and that involves having at least 200 jumps plus a B cert, plus a grade 1 in something else.

In reply to:
I've got my B licence stuff to sort out, but I should complete that fairly soon. For people familiar with the BPA system, I also need a grade 1 for my C licence, any ideas? As I said before, I was turned off by FS.

You have 3 choices. FS1, FF1 or IS1. For all practical purposes, an FF1 requires an FS1 before you can start on it. Almost no one does individual style (IS1) anymore but in theory you could get one if you could find someone to grade you for it. That leaves you with your best and realistically your only bet: FS1.

You may not like it but thems the rules and if you want to go forward I am afraid you will have to lump it.

(This post was edited by JackC1 on Aug 21, 2012, 12:54 PM)

Edit Log:
Post edited by JackC1 () on Aug 21, 2012, 11:56 AM
Post edited by JackC1 () on Aug 21, 2012, 12:54 PM

Search for (options)