Re: [souleil] New jumper, still pretty fearful after 18 jumps
OK...a couple of things. 1) Fill in your profile.
2) Tell the boy that YOU are in control of this and he is to butt out.
3) If he is not rated, he has no business teaching you anything at this point.
4) People in a relationship teaching each other at this level is rarely a good idea...rated or not.
5) Why have your instructors not yet told him to butt out?
6) "Cool Factor" is not at all good reason to be skydiving.
7) You take charge of this. It's your butt on the line, not his.
8) Your stability fear is all to common to those who don't understand that stability begins the second you leave the door. If you are not stable on exit, you are only having to recover stability later...two different things. Learn to exit stable. Your Instructors should have already had you doing stable exits by now. Ask them why they haven't helped you with that yet. Meh, maybe they have and you just haven't developed the skill yet.
9) You say he's "supportive" but nothing you've posted points that way.
10) You may want to use the Women's Forum to discuss husband issues.
(This post was edited by popsjumper on Aug 15, 2011, 8:20 PM)
Post edited by popsjumper
() on Aug 15, 2011, 8:20 PM